AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
16,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is a very sad day as it appears that Gears has been hacked which could now make cheating on LIVE very real

I will not post a link because those sites that I have seen reporting this are actually telling people how to do this by way of copy/paste of the original information .

----- Jason

·
Registered
16,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think the Gears hacking has got that far just yet but then who knows what else is being done right now as we sit here wondering .

---- Jason

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm sure these hackers are working their best to get this hack working flawless. I've seen how the explain to get it working. Looks complicated. I've hated playing with hackers since my Counter Strike days on the PC.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp /forum/post/0

It is a very sad day as it appears that Gears has been hacked which could now make cheating on LIVE very real

I will not post a link because those sites that I have seen reporting this are actually telling people how to do this by way of copy/paste of the original information .

----- Jason

Cheating on GoW isn't new.. Heck you can still get outside every map and turbo jump... One of the many reasons why I don't play it anymore..

·
Registered
16,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 /forum/post/0

Cheating on GoW isn't new.. Heck you can still get outside every map and turbo jump... One of the many reasons why I don't play it anymore..

True but we are talking cheating on a whole other level here (assuming the hacks can do it) .

--- Jason

·
Registered
625 Posts
Umm, all this "hack" does is allow someone to change some settings in an .ini file. Depending on whats in that .ini file, the furthest you could go may simply be allowing you to start a multiplayer game by yourself as the person who figured this out shows. I wouldn't worry too much about it at all. This also gives Microsoft more reason to clamp down on backups and gives them an avenue to detect people who are using backups as anyone detected using a hack like this in GoW will have to be playing on a backup/copy. Fast ban from Live.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I have read nothing about the hack and no idea what the concept is but I play this for fun, if I see a cheater I leave that game and enter another one. Now if it becomes wide spread where cheating occurs in almost every game I play then I just quit playing (though I do love this game online).

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
My interest in Gears of War online didn't last very long, I haven't played it in weeks.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogbuehi /forum/post/0

Getting outside the map sounds like a pretty useless cheat. I'm never really concerned about cheats that don't help somebody win.

Not really, guess you never seen the tyro station one or the one where you can go below the ground and stick up halfway and shoot someone (forgot the name of the map)..

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I will never understand what drives gamers to cheat. I can only assume that they are cheaters, in some capacity, in real life as well.

As far as I know, I haven't been subjected to a cheat on Gears. However, I was playing R6V the other night on-line and I got matched up against a clan (I belive it was clan PSX) and they were clearly cheating. How do I know? Well, their team had frags and smoke and my team didn't!!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Cheating just kills the fun and experience of multiplayer gaming. It ruined it for me for Halo 2.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I went "below the map" on "Fuel Depot" it really freaked me out. I thought I was glitching. It was like I was the Flash I was running in super speed all over the place. I couldn't even tell I was outside the map. I was the last one left on my team and I had the Hammer...I kept trying to sight it in and it wouldn't fire... I ran right up to the opposing team and tried to tag, but couldn't. (It was then that I realized that they didn't see me.) The other members of my team, while spectating, said they could tell I was below the map. In the "basement".

How can you tell if someone's cheating? I get murdered all the time, I just assume that it's just the course of the game.

I heard some of the regulars I play with saying something about running while shooting. But I haven't seen it.

·
Registered
10,447 Posts
Cheating is what you do when:

1) You're 8, and want to annoy people so you can tell your friends in home-room the next day how you totally owned all these older guys cuz you knew how to do secret cheats.

2) You absolutely stink at the game, and this is your way of sharing the love.

This is why I absolutely, positively do not play online games with strangers anymore....just dont bother with it. Even in Test Drive Unlimited alot of the times I play I disconnect from live so I dont have to deal with the idiots in their cars trying to ram me or some idiot in a A class Ferarri Enzo wants to race me in my vintage Camaro or something :p

(tho it was funny when a couple of kids in Enzos couldn't keep up with me in my slow little vintage Stingray because neither of them had figured out how to brake before corners).

The last game I played religiously online was Day of Defeat, the WW2 mod for Half Life.

Version 1.3b that was out for like a year...and I played it all the time, every day....and mostly, it was a great experience..and I was good enough to pretty consistantly wind up in the top 3 places, so it made me feel manly

But then the mod was "discovered" by Counter Strike players..and within about 2 months the entire vibe of the game changed...it was counter strike with WW2 weapons, nobody cared about tactics (in DoD you could lay down with a weapon to provide supressing fire, say, while some of your other guys advanced).....nope, now it was all rush..die...rush...die...rush...die, because you could respawn immediately.

Then suddenly guys were getting headshots with pistols across the map, you'd be hiding in a dark corner for a few seconds to administer a bandage and some dude would come out of nowhere and kill you, the chat went from more mature people talking about whatever to a whole lotta high-pitched voices talking about 8th grade science class and how they were gonna kick some other kids ass in 3rd period near the gym...blah blah blah.

I quit the game :p

Thankfully I have a few peepz on Live and between the group of them I can generally get my online game fix satisfied. But public playing? no thanks. I've never played GoW online...I'll do co-op eventually, but this game doesn't feel like it lends itself to online play with its reliance on hiding behind cover, etc, etc....

·
Registered
402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadRusch /forum/post/0

Cheating is what you do when:

1) You're 8, and want to annoy people so you can tell your friends in home-room the next day how you totally owned all these older guys cuz you knew how to do secret cheats.

Amen. The only time I have seen cheaters has been playing with prepubescent boys.

However, I play GoW with strangers all of the time (I don't have any friends with a 360 and I have no inclination to make virtual "friends") and I would say 95% of the time I'm playing with college aged kids or above, and hardly ever see any kind of cheating or other obnoxious behavior. I do make use of the avoid function on Live if I run into some kids.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yeah cheating is no fun... i still like to try to beat cheaters to show that it isn't worth it. I was playing with a bunch of people yesterday in tyro station and the other team... kept jumping out of the map into the rocks past the end of the tracks. it still did them no good becuase I could shoo them from cover and they couldn't get me. Only problme is it was execution so i would only down them and couldn't get to them becuase i dont' know the glitch. but then figured tourque bow would do it. I took some pride in beating them. but then my team left and it was me against 3 of them and they kept doing it. I kept up with it for a few rounds but it was first to 15 so it got boring and I left. The guys didn't even speak english so I couldn't ask why bother?... i have also seen the running while shooting before and again did the same thing for a while. Just beat him. So far the glitches I have seen don't really give you an advantage. They are jsut dumb and take the fun out of the game.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.