AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I have that happen from time to time on GOW. I've seen enough folks mention it here and other forums that it seems to be a disc/game issue. It happens during single player as well....and I've used 3 different discs....all in perfect condition.

I've always found that ejecting, powering off/on and putting the disc back in solves it for several more hours of gameplay. PITA though.

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
Clean your 360 becuase not once have you mention that being somthing you done. It can't be just luck that you bought a brand new game and it tells you disc dirty it is most likely your console needing to be clean.

·
Registered
327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga /forum/post/0

Clean your 360 becuase not once have you mention that being somthing you done. It can't be just luck that you bought a brand new game and it tells you disc dirty it is most likely your console needing to be clean.

doubtful. my unit is nearly brand new and this happens all the time. Basically what others have said works - take the disc out, shut down, restart.

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
Nearly brand new doesn't mean it can get dust or dirt inside the console. It is an electronic product. It is very easy to get dust on components regardless if it is 1 day out of the box or 3 months later. Sure taking the disc out, shut down, restart work too but that isn't the only fix and/or fully explain why it came up with the error to begin with.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I think it's widespread enough to blame on the game, not a dirty console. Too, if it were the console, there would be reports of this happening with other games. Never had the same thing happen with another game in year of playing. Not once.

It's the game itself.

Too, really the only part that could "get dirty" and cause this is the laser mechanism in the console. How many times have you had to clean your PC optical drives, or you DVD player because it stops reading discs? Never happened to me either.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
This happens everytime I play GOW, after about 10mins i get the error and then after I get back in the game it won't happen again until the next day when I load it up. It only happens in Gears and it has been going on pretty much since I got the game when it first came out, kind of a pain. This sometimes happens on other games too but way more often on Gears.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
This happens when I play NCAA 2007, and has happened to other users on other games.

It's, IMHO, the DVD drive in the Xbox unit. Whenever I get the error message, it seems to occur when the drive is trying to load information from the disc.

·
Registered
775 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga /forum/post/0

BS

Here is but one of the hundreds on this issue: http://forums.xbox.com/4/9838078/ShowPost.aspx#9838078

·
Registered
14,549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mntneer /forum/post/0

This happens when I play NCAA 2007, and has happened to other users on other games.

It's, IMHO, the DVD drive in the Xbox unit. Whenever I get the error message, it seems to occur when the drive is trying to load information from the disc.

which is exactly what I think. It's not a limited issue, it's widespread. The 360 optical drive is quite frankly, a piece of crap. My $20, 2 year old PC DVD drive performs faster and quieter.

It happened on a variety of games I used before I took my first system system back to get it exchanged within the 30 day limit. Unit number two has so far performed without major disc read errors.

·
Registered
635 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mntneer /forum/post/0

I had it happen a lot on NCAA and also Fight Night, and occasionally on other games. Something I noticed is that I can always tell when it's about to happen. The drive stops all that loud whirring and gets real quiet, and then about five seconds later the message comes up.

·
Registered
260 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn /forum/post/0

which is exactly what I think. It's not a limited issue, it's widespread. The 360 optical drive is quite frankly, a piece of crap. My $20, 2 year old PC DVD drive performs faster and quieter.

It happened on a variety of games I used before I took my first system system back to get it exchanged within the 30 day limit. Unit number two has so far performed without major disc read errors.

Yep, it's the dvd drive. I had this problem with Oblivion on my 1st 360. It eventually scratched the game all to hell so I returned both (the game and the 360) and got new ones.

When I returned my 360 to Costco, there was another 360 sitting on the counter that had just been returned for the same reason, scratching discs.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm curious about something.

I'm on my second copy of this game (collector's edition) due to "Dirty Disc Error's", in which i noticed thin little scratches (I call 'em squiggly lines), and wanted to know the positioning of your consoles.

Mine is and was for previous copy, vertical.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.