AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, I was not expecting that...Congratulations Epic and Microsoft.

Link

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
This is not really saying too much because there are so few xboxes in Japan. They probably did not have too many copies in hand as a result.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawguy /forum/post/0

This is not really saying too much because there are so few xboxes in Japan. They probably did not have too many copies in hand as a result.

Yea, I figured as much. I really am curious though, I wonder how many copies it will sell there.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
here's some #'s

http://www.xboxaddict.com/news/view.php?News_ID=7681

"The firm didn't provide 2006 results for the Xbox 360, but did list the system as having sold a total of 290,467 units total from its 12/10/2005 launch to the end of 2006. In particular, spurred by the release of Blue Dragon, Microsoft managed to sell 99,798 360 units in December 2006 alone -- the highest month ever for the system (yes, that includes the launch)."

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosng /forum/post/0

here's some #'s

http://www.xboxaddict.com/news/view.php?News_ID=7681

"The firm didn't provide 2006 results for the Xbox 360, but did list the system as having sold a total of 290,467 units total from its 12/10/2005 launch to the end of 2006. In particular, spurred by the release of Blue Dragon, Microsoft managed to sell 99,798 360 units in December 2006 alone -- the highest month ever for the system (yes, that includes the launch)."

Eh, It will steal beat the Xbox 360 there unless something drastic happens.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Management /forum/post/0

I am not surprised because its not a FPS. GoW is 3rd person and has elements that would draw a crowd to the game. Plus it's exciting to play.

well it's an over the shoulder view, more of a hybrid FPS/3rd person shooter.

Like Graw or the original hitman on the PC.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Lost Planet has transforming mechs. It should sell like proverbial hot cakes in Japan. What it doesn't have is really happy fun time music. Did anyone ever play VOOT on Dreamcast? That was an awesome game, but the music sounded like they had a bunch of 5 year old girls design the sound track. I kept expecting to see kittins and ponies all over the place. It certainly didn't fit the giant battling robot mechs at all. Still the game was extremely popular in Japan. I'd say this, games that typically do well in the US don't do well in Japan and vice versa. There are exceptions however.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
I would guess that many Japanese owners of the 360 are aware that GOW is, by far, the most popular title on the console and are curious about it.

Plus, it looks great. Everyone probably finished the Blue Dragon game that they purchsed the 360 for and need something else to play. That's why I picked up Lost Planet after playing GOW.

·
Registered
528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawguy /forum/post/0

We'll know pretty quick. Japan's game sales are made available each week I believe. Personally I think this is huge news. It shows MS is starting to get a 'foothold' situation (man I miss Stargate...lol) in Japan. I think Oblivion releases over there fully translated soon, BD and LP are selling well (for x360 games over there), and you have some more titles on the way soon which should appeal more to Japanese gamers meaning more Japanese dev support in the future........which is good for many American gamers as well.

·
Registered
505 Posts
How do they classify Japan sales? My sister lives in Japan and has for a couple of years. My bro-in-law bought a 360 and plays a lot of GoW (I don't like the game!). My question is, does his count as a "Japan" sale even though it is a US version that he purchased in Japan.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have notice an evr increasing number of gamers from here playing GOW,GRAW and RB6. Many of the people I play with are saying that of course lost planet is selling. This past month was the first time I saw an Xbox commercial here. I do expect it to rocket now nad the hd dvd player is just a bonus to attract the japanese to buy the system. We definately need more advertising with the more popular games being featured.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.