AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new 90-second trailer for SW ep 2...only downloadable if you have TPM on dvd, borrowed it from a friend, ran the TV out/line out from my laptop into the replay & 2 minutes later...i now have the new trailer available to watch anytime....audio & video are suprisingly good

i could use extract rtv to send this mpeg to a few people and really piss lucas off...much like he did to me with jarjar...but i've never used extract & would probably break something

i also learned (by accident) that my laptop does not send out Macrovision...my Showstopper had no problem playing DVD's coming out of the laptop - could come in handy someday

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lizard_boy
new 90-second trailer for SW ep 2...i could use extract rtv to send this mpeg to a few people and really piss lucas off...much like he did to me with jarjar...but i've never used extract & would probably break something
Yes do it lizard_boy! Blame it on jarjar. BTW How good is the s-video out on on your laptop? I think you'd like extract_rtv but it is better if you have a junker box to hang the drives out of... it's not fun tearing apart the main machine to do this (if yours is full of hardware like most Replay upgraders) But I think the 4000 will make this much easier.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
actually my laptop only has regular composite out, but i was very suprised how good it looked & sounded running through the home theater & playing on a fairly big tv

playing a dvd on it using the regular dvd software produces a picture that is on par with most basic - middle of the road dvd players

but there was no need for me to extract it, within 24 hours of it being released people cracked it & posted it online:

http://www.cse.msu.edu/~shailesh/ (large)

http://sw2002.tripod.ca/starwars2b.mov (small)

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
It's possible to extract the video. A friend did it and put it on his website for me to download (because I'm a Mac user w/o a DVD-Rom drive).

I have it up on a site to download...if there are any Star Wars fans out there who want it, email or PM me and I'll give you the link.

Edit - duh - didn't finish reading all the posts yet...Lizard Boy beat me to it, I guess! :)

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Well thanks for the links... now I'll just have to geek-out myself to find out why .mov's no longer play. I have so many players and codecs installed :confused: Guess I'll have to reinstall QT but not looking forward to that one :eek: Hey mpegz rule!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.