AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Concerning the new geffin baluns that do HDMI 1.3 over one cat6a, do these units work, I have been hearing of a loft of HDCP issues with most baluns, was wondering if premium ones like these have worked out all the kinks. If I were doing a home video distribution system, would these work or would I always have issues?

My concern is that one installer is indicating it would and the other is saying that if you want hdmi 1.3 with sourround sound, only crestron would work consistently?

Any advice would be great.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I will NEVER ever buy Gefen products again. Some of their stuff is good, but they won't stand behind their products when there is a problem. They sold us 10 fiberoptic HDMI extenders (almost 1k apiece). They don't work as they constantly have HDMI sync issues (panels would blink and lose connections.) After much troubleshooting, they finally told us that these weren't designed to be installed in-wall. Well, why else would you install HDMI extension products??? Absurd. Thank goodness we installed additional fiber and cat 6 and used that for hdmi extensions.

Obviously there are people who support Gefen products as I know they have some that do work. However, we were burned badly on 15K worth of fiberoptic HDMI cables that they guaranteed would work and didn't. So, caveat emptor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts