Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've got a Geforce2 MX (64MB) conected to a Sampo 34" monitor. I cannot get powerstrip to give me a resolution above 1024x768. I'd like to get 720p but when Windows XP restarts I don't have the option of selection that resolution after I have selected it from Powerstrip. I have tried both the HDTV standard and the LCD option. XP sees the Sampo as a "plug and Play" monitor could this be a problem? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hi Karnis,

I am having a similar issue with Win98SE seeing my Sampo as a PnP monitor. So, far I just click cancel each time. How do I disable it? I have the GDM-W900 .inf file available, but, do I have to disable this PnP detection on start up somehow first???

thanks in advance,

Mark Haskins

·
Registered
545 Posts
Thanks Karnis,

Disabling PnP and switching to the GDM-W900 .inf allowed my Sampo to display the Powerstrip 1280x720p 60Hz preset with very little adjustment. Not only does the desktop look good, but, The Abyss on DVD never looked better!

Next pursuits - figure out the aspect ratio controller in Theater Tech player and get into the Sampo service menu to tweak the geometry and convergence...

Any luck for you Petteri?

Mark H

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It worked! I did need to chang the setting on the Sampo quite a bit though. Mark, what are you Sampo settings now?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hi,

Not sure these will be close to yours since you have a GForce card and I have a Radeon, but, FWIW.

V-Size =93

V-Center=142

H-Width = 212

H-PHase = 100

Pin = 112

Trap = 128

Para = 128

Rotation = 134

These settings make the 1280x720 desktop fill my Sampo screen. There is some edge waviness and a dip in the top edge which I hope to correct along with tightening up the convergence in the service menu...

Mark H

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the settings, mine aren't that far off. I too have the gap at the top edge and the waviness at the edges. What settings in the service menu are you planning to adjust? The 720p is MUCH better on DVD that the 768 btw!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hi Petteri,

If you mean the 1280x720 is better than 1024x768, I agree completely. Not sure yet what I will adjust in the service menu, but, I'm following this lead:

Service Menu detail

Mark H

·
Registered
545 Posts
Well this is very odd.

'Spent about an hour this afternoon in the Sampo service menu looking to see if I could tighten up the geometry and convergence especially for the RGB input. Since I don't have a Sampo service remote, here is my method so far.

1) Get Sampo running AVIA widescreen enhanced crosshatch pattern (the medium brightness one), then use the Sampo regular menu to decrease the vertical and horizontal size a bit so that I can clearly see the full pattern.

2) Pull the plug on the Sampo then power it backup holding down the front panel power button. This brings up the service menu on top of the Avia crosshatch.

3) Scroll thru the geometry adjustments and see how they work and try to correct for the slightly wavy left and right edges and 1/2" dip in the upper edge.

4) Turn off the Sampo with the normal power button then turn it back on. (Only way I know of to get back out of the service menu)

When I first see the menu it said

M: user 4 FH: 44KHz FV: 60Hz

I got a sense of how all the adjustments work, but, ended up keeping them at the default values.

There didn't seem to be any way to correct the waviness. Thats as good as it gets. There didn't appear to be any way to correct for the dip at the top. What is strange is that there is:

H- Corner STD = 128 (affects all 4 corners at once but only horizontally)

and

H- PIN - Balance = 128 (affects the balance of pincushioning horizontally from left to right)

but, there are no corresponding vertical adjustments which would allow for the correction of the top dip....:mad:

As reported elsewhere on this forum, ( Service Menu details ) these adjustments on one input appear to interact with other input adjustments. When I got out of this menu having played with the adjustment ranges but left them at the defaults, I was surprised to find that when I switched to AV3 where I have my VCR connected, the image was no longer rectangular. I had to go into the service menu on this input and square it up again with the

Trape STD

and

H-Corner Std controls.

'Guess I'm used to my Sony 1270Q PJ with much more control over the geometry and convergence. I keep forgetting that this is a single tube and so convergence cannot be adjusted...

So, am I blazing new ground here, or have other Sampo owners got knowledge to share???

Mark H

·
Registered
545 Posts
Since this is so much off the original topic, I've posted this over on DaveNagy's thread, here:

Sampo Service Menu details

Please reply there not here...

Mark H

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.