AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using a Geforce4 4200 Ti. It works fine running dual monitors (two Dell 17" LCDs), but when I try to use the "Clone" function with the S-Video output, the results are terrible. My TV is a Sony XBR400. The card does clone my primary display, but the picture quality is awful- lots of pixelation. My friend brought over his Dell laptop and plugged its S-Video output into my TV, and the quality was great. Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

thanks!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just downloaded and installed TVTool, and I am lost! What do i need to do to get video to show up on my TV? Will my TV and my monitor work at the same time? I can't seem to find a TVTool manuel anywhere. thanks!

·
Registered
376 Posts
you don't want the tv and monitor to work at the same time, especially with geforce because although there are seperate ramdacs you will still encounter severe stuttering even if you are doing nothing but cloning the video.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can someone walk me through this? right now, i have three things connected to my video card. two LCD monitors (one with DVI, VGA for the other). I have my TV connected via S-Video. Right now, the two monitors are running under nView. All I want to do is to be able to watch mpeg files on my TV. Where do I start?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Usually if you are using more than one monitor the PQ will degrade across all of them ESPECIALLY on any that are not the primary monitor. Just for kicks, try disconnecting both LCDs temporarily and only connect to the TV, see what happens...

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for all the help! i think I finally have things up and running well! TVTool is great :) On an off-topic, i sometimes see a faint outline of the contents of my primary monitor (DVI) on my secondary monitor (VGA), but sometimes it isnt a problem? any ideas?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.