AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a RCA F38310 HDTV which has a YPrPb input for HD only. (The set has it's own HD receiver built in.) I loaded the latest software and cannot get the setup to switch to the YPrPb setting or chand the settings for crop, fill, or normal. I am using 1920x1080i for my resolution. Can anyone tell me if you have to load all of the software revisions all of the way to the newest one or can you just install the new Beta version as a clean install and be up and running. The system was working fine when I was using the software included on the CD which came from the manufacturer.

·
Registered
317 Posts
THe trick here is to first make sure you are in the TUNER mode. Then you are able to change to the YPrPb setting.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I know people have had various sound problems and I admit that I haven't kept track of them all, but I'm starting to get a little annoyed by mine.

Last night I was watching a recording of CSI: Miami and when I used the SPDIF out of the hipix daughterboard the picture lagged behind the sound slightly. If I switch to the SPDIF out of my soundcard everything was in sync, so I don't think it's something in the transmission.

This doesn't always happen. As far as I can recall I haven't had this problem with ABC's 5.1 broadcasts, which is the only time I care about using the Hipix SPDIF output because it's the only way I can get 5.1.

I was just curious if this was a known problem or not. Anyone had this?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have had the same problem with analog audio as well. I found if you stop playback and restart it, it generally will resync o.k.. The problem seems to be the most prevelant if you shuttle the playback file.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I don't think that's my problem. I started and stopped, switch to the tuner and back to file, changed files, changed everything I could think of, let the file play without shuttling the playback, the bad sync was always there. They only way to not have it was to not use the Hipix digital output.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll try my digital output and get back with you. Since I am at a CBS affiliate, I haven't had much use for that output yet. Although, CBS has announced that they are starting to implement 5.1 now.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I was watching another recording last night and lip sync didn't seem nearly so offensive, so maybe it is something in the programming. I still felt like there was some there, but it was much more subtle. I definitely haven't noticed any on NBC's Leno and Law & Order.

Incidentally, I did find a use for the digital out even on channels that aren't using 5.1. Before when I had Hipix set to DirectSound so that I got sound with either the Hipix digital out or my soundcard's digital out, if I put Hipix in standby it wouldn't free up my soundcard's digital output. So I couldn't watch DVDs or do anything else because there would be sound coming from the Hipix all the time.

Now I leave Hipix set to SPDIF only so I have to switch my receiver to watch TV, but now I can leave Hipix in standby so I can record while watching DVDs, or even play a Hipix recording as it's recording with the new DVHSTool. Of course, I now have to deal with this lip sync issue but hopefully I can figure it out.

A little slow on the uptake maybe but I was pretty happy when I figured it out last night. ;)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know our nbc affiliate here in columbia has lip sync issues even if I watch on my hd set live. Is the lip sync out if you watch your station live?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.