AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently built a HTPC. I didn't understand what MadVR was until after it was built unfortunately. Using it I went from washed out garbage to a picture of beauty. I had a few questions. I appreciate the help.

1. I'm currently using Haswell Intel HD graphics. For MadVR I have it set for Intel QuickSync under hard acceleration. Do I want this or DVXA2 (native/copy)?

2. LAV Filters - Do I want to use these with MadR and MPC-HC?

3. I'm looking into a possible GPU upgrade. I'm limited to low-profile and 300w power requirements. I was looking into a GTX-650 (non Ti). Would it even be worth it to upgrade? I'm running Bicuic 75/Lanczos 3taps with no issues at the moment. Deinterlace is slow so I have it disabled. I should note I have a lot of SD movies I backed up to MKV. So up scaling is important.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I recently built a HTPC. I didn't understand what MadVR was until after it was built unfortunately. Using it I went from washed out garbage to a picture of beauty. I had a few questions. I appreciate the help.

1. I'm currently using Haswell Intel HD graphics. For MadVR I have it set for Intel QuickSync under hard acceleration. Do I want this or DVXA2 (native/copy)?

2. LAV Filters - Do I want to use these with MadR and MPC-HC?

3. I'm looking into a possible GPU upgrade. I'm limited to low-profile and 300w power requirements. I was looking into a GTX-650 (non Ti). Would it even be worth it to upgrade? I'm running Bicuic 75/Lanczos 3taps with no issues at the moment. Deinterlace is slow so I have it disabled. I should note I have a lot of SD movies I backed up to MKV. So up scaling is important.
I am getting better results with Intel QuickSync than DXVA2 copy-back with an Intel HD3000. My render queues are lower. As for the other questions, yes, LAV Filters are a good idea...I think a lot of your questions can be answered in this guide link (sorry for being lazy; you can skip the parts that relate to Kodi): http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=209596.

The Hardware Selection/Advanced Settings portion discusses the differences between integrated and stand-alone graphics cards in terms of madVR settings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.