AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have an HSU VTF3 MK3 running my low frequencies and an MBM-12 running my mid frequency bass. Because of that I don't get a true 2 sub soundwave balance.

I would really like to add one more SOLID performing sub that can do the full range from say 20-80hz. Considering I am on a budget (400-500) and need this third one to be on the small side (footprint wise, could be tall), Do you think there are any pre-fab contenders out there or can someone making their FIRST DIY sub get a good ROI and meet these needs?

·
Registered
864 Posts
One sub wasn't enough, Two subs still don't sound right, Three is going to make it better?

What sort of output are you getting now? What sort of output are you wanting?

I am guessing proper setup and some sort of EQ for you subs will give you the most ROI. What tuning have you done so far for you low/mid bass setup?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Do you know or use a BFD or velodyne sms-1?

How big is your room? What problems are you trying to fix?

I am sure the PB13 has plenty of "SOLID" output.

For the kind of money for the SVS you could build a whole lot of subwoofer. Have you looked into Sonotubs and ibs?

What are you trying to accomplish?

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am far from handy enough to DIY... I would LOOOOOVE to but despite my confidence in my ability to learn the process, it simply seems like their are too many ways to mess it up and to tune it.

I am a relative NEWB on this stuff but I am also pretty broke ha, so it does leave the delema DIY ot not to DIY...

My goal: Kick in the chest, feel the action action scenes. I love action movies and want to feel them.

·
Registered
864 Posts
 http://bfdguide.ws/ is a decent place to start to understand what I am meaning when I say tuning and EQ.

If you your subs are in a bad spot you may never get the bass you a looking for. With 2 subs you could be canceling things out.

How large is your room?

What happens with the bass in your room now? Have you tried to move your sub around in your room?

Have you ever measured the bass in your room?

·
Registered
5,828 Posts

Quote:
I am truing the SVS... PC13 ultra or PB13 Ultra

When you say this, do you mean you are tuning a 13-Ultra? If so, what size room are you in?

kmannth is asking you all the rite questions, but I'm a little confused as to what your running? Once you add two or three different subs to the mix it gets very dicey, that alone all the same subs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.