AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just pulled the trigger on a Panasonic 65S60, will get it in a coupe of weeks.. The store hasn't gotten any in yet.

I've had 3 LCD/LED's, so I'm new to plasma and wondering what general tips you might have for someone more familiar with LCD's.

Is there some sort of burn in/breaking in procedure to do?? Should I be careful with logos, constant news/sport tickers and pausing an image for too long, or is that a thing of the past with plasmas ??

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
20,914 Posts
you dont need to do a break in although its recommended...There is a sticky with slides OR you can just run full screen content mixed with your normal viewing for the 1st few hundred hours......

You should avoid hard logos\sports tickets etc for extended periods of time during this period....extended periods meaning hours on end........

Of course there are those that jsut turn on thier TV and watch it as well, the choice is yours when it comes to this stuff

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx very much! I'll be careful for the first 200 or so hours of viewing.. Would watching a widescreen movie for 2 hours be too much during that time (because of the top/bottom black bars)?

I don't have any equipment to calibrate or anything, but I will do a basic calibration BD to get the colours and settings somewhat right. I'm planning on leaving all processing settings in the S60 off, gonna feed it 1080p all the time from my Onkyo 809 with HQV Vida. Will add a Darblet between the Onkyo and the display..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.