AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a URC MX-810 with the RF transmitter, so I control all of my components (which are in a closet) via RF. I just got an Elite motorized screen that has both IR and RF capability. My question is, is there a way to somehow program my MX-810 to use the same RF band as the screen, so that I don't have to use IR, or an IR emitter (since I don't have one with a long enough wire)?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also have a URC remote and Elite screen. No, you cannot use the URC RF to control the Elite screen directly. Does your pj, or other equipment, have a trigger out? Another option would be to put an extension on one of the IR flashers. Monprice has 3.5 mm M/F extension cables up to 100'.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks sgesele. That's what I figured, but wanted to make sure.

My projector (Sony HW30) does not have a trigger input. I can still use the URC IR to open/close the screen, but would have liked to be able to use RF for reliability. Perhaps I'll consider your suggestion and just get an emitter extension.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.