AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Each of the remotes that came with my equipment have the ability to be programmed to control other components. Most of the manuals supply a list of codes for each manufacturer/component and some can even search for the code through the setup menu.

My questions are...is it normal to find a code that works but doesn't provide the full functionality that the component's dedicated remote includes? Do some codes provide more functionality than others and you just have to play with each one to find which works best? Has anyone experienced a code that works intermittently?

Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
it is very normal for a "universal" controller that comes with a tv, receiver, etc. to only handle simple comands on devices that are not made by that manufature, and not do everything that the original controller does.

This is also why companies such as RTI & Universal were started.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapser /forum/post/12908936

My questions are...is it normal to find a code that works but doesn't provide the full functionality that the component's dedicated remote includes? ...

This is quite common on the codes listed for use on my Dish 622 Receiver. For Sony VCR's for example there may be a half dozen or more codes listed. Likely/hopefully only one of them will do all that is required.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts