AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the HD mode on my SD532-HD5, I have top and bottom horizontal pincushion. Using the user convergence grid, it's about a 1/4 inch bow in towards the middle on the top and a little less on the bottom lines. By the third line in the pincushion is gone. Is this 'within spec'? Using AVIA and the circle hatch grid, the circles look perfect and box dimensions look good too. The other modes have very little pincushion. I have the service manual but have never entered service mode.

If I go into the HD service mode to play with the pincushion setting, will that effect the rest of the geometry settings and force me to readjust those? Can I get away with just tweaking the HD pincushion setting for green? I only really notice this on 2.35 movie bars and text at the very top and bottom of the screen.

I also have 8% top overscan in HD mode and 5% at the bottom. Can I use the STATIC(?) setting and move the whole grid down some to balance the overscan? Or should I use the SIZE setting? How will that impact the overall geometry?

The 480i modes are fine and I assume just modifying the 1080i mode will leave all those setting alone? I would just like a sense of the job I'm about to get myself into. If its an all-day deal, I might just live with it and not risk making it worse...

Thanks,

Charles

[This message has been edited by chaza (edited 09-29-2001).]

[This message has been edited by chaza (edited 09-29-2001).]

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.