Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've been looking around for a DLP that should replace my CRT-projector, and the InFocus Screenplay 7200 (well actually the Toshiba TPL-MT8, but they're the same so lets talk InFocus Screenplay 7200 instead) caught my eye and seems to be a nice option considering it has dropped down in price lately.

Anyways, I've tried to read up on this model, and I'm a little puzzled by www.projectorcentral.com and their review of the projector mentioning a geometry issue which manifests in a what looks like a pincushin-like image, having the sides and the bottom bending outwards, while the top (ceiling munted) is perfectly horizontal, leaving the image without square corners. They said both the Toshiba and the InFocus they tested had this problem.

Oh well, I read on and see nothing anywhere about this problem. Many review and owners saying they are happy without issues and definetly not mentioning any geometry problem like the one that www.projectorcentral.com mentioned.

So, does anyone know what this is about? Has the problem been fixed? Software update? Does the problem only appear on *some* projectors or on all? Does anyone have anything to say about this from own experience... at all? :)

All answers are highly appreciated.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And I should add that I, based on that thread and what other people have described and told me, that it's as mentioned, a "non-issue". I will of course check it myself before purchase.

Thanks John (for the other thread) ;)

·
Registered
429 Posts
JonasP-

It's only an issue if you're shooting on a bare wall, or some similar scenario. A screen with a light-absorbing black border hides any imperfections. It's a minor problem, and the 7200 is still worth it because it gives performance similar to units costing almost double the price.

TA

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In my case, my screen does have border masking of the black velour tape type which is an excellent light absorber, and already I overscan the image produced by my NEC XG135LC CRT-projector, so it's not an issue at all :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was having a problem getting the image from my 7200 square with the screen. Then I found out my screen was not square. I now have a new screen from Da-Lite, waiting for a new projector from InFocus ( diiferent problem ) to see if the problem is solved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.