AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else playing this besides me? My leaderboards are pretty empty.

They just released a free 'Evolved' expansion this week, with Hardcore modes, a new Classic Retro mode, 40 new levels, and a new drone and special.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
I think it's because the online is severely broken on this game. It's constantly searching for the online servers and never finding them. Most of the time, the leaderboards won't even populate. And finding people to play is impossible.

Haven't played since the update. Hopefully the update fixes the servers.

Just read this:
"Among the new content are 40 new levels, new 3D grids, new drone, a hardcore mode, and an overhaul to the online multiplayer and leaderboards. Regarding the multiplayer and leaderboards, whereas they were originally managed by Demonware, they will now all be handled via Steam Works."

Now I can say that Demonware is on my hate list... What pisses me off is none of the reviews talked about how broken the online was.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The new "Evolved" is supposed to free is you already own GW3 Dimensions right?

I've tried to download this game for a couple days now... it still wants to charge me $15.
So it looks like maybe they submitted it as a new game in order to have it in the "New Releases" section. If you go to your already installed "Geometry Wars Dimensions" game though, it should have updated to include the "Evolved" content.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.