AVS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw that Walk The Line is coming to Blu-Ray in Denmark on August 6th. It is available for preorder from both vanleest and dvdwinkel. I suspect Xploited will also get it when it is released.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Hopefully Fox wakes up and gets a region A release out - this is one of my most wanted titles on Blu-ray!

·
Registered
260 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdc3000 /forum/post/14213015

Hopefully Fox wakes up and gets a region A release out - this is one of my most wanted titles on Blu-ray!

x2

I WANT LOSSLESS SOUND!! I'm tired of my DVD version.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdc3000 /forum/post/14213015

Last month, The Digital Bits mentioned that Fox told them they would be releasing it sometime this year.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBlacklow /forum/post/14213486

Last month, The Digital Bits mentioned that Fox told them they would be releasing it sometime this year.

It better have all the extras!

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

With the database loss here are Wedlocks impressions again-

Quote:
I got it a couple of days ago.

It's quite a nice set with the Extended Cut of the movie.

The picture is AVC with a bitrate average of around 30-35 MBPS and it looks great, there is only little grain in some scenes but overal this is a very nice presentation.

Sound comes , ofcourse, in DTS-HD Master Audio and it sounds fantastic, especially when they are playing the music in concerthalls and such.

Bitrate goes between 3.0 to 6.0 mbps.

There are several extra's on the first disc and on disc two even more but I haven't looked at them yet, but there is enough to satisfy every Walk The Line fan

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks for putting it back up Spizz.

There was also a question about the menu's and extra's.

They are in English so if you can play this Region B disc I would recommend it

·
Registered
185 Posts
Walk the line is being released in Sweden on sep 24th for 40 $ sweet!!

but expensive!! well since FOX has region coding so!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Walk The Line (blu-ray) 20 sep. and Breaveheart (blu-ray) 30 okt. in Slovenia.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Just finished watching this movie on Blu-ray. Sharpness of the image is not this film's strong suit. Sometimes the image is so clean with almost zero grain that it tends to appears flat, soft and a bit waxy. Not sure if this is how it looked in the theaters but the usual suspicion about application of some degree of judicious grain scrubbing arise as the facial close-ups and texture details always look on the verge of turning out to be waxy. Also noticed some minor EE in couple of scenes. The facial close-ups exhibit average detail. Outdoor shots looks quite good. Contrast remains slightly weak and it looks the DOP applied some soft filter to emulate a period look. I think U.S release will follow suit as this edition has already maxed out in terms of AV presentation and special features which are provided on a bonus Blu-ray disc.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I ordered Walk the line today from a retailer in Sweden it was released

weeks ago. I haven't watched this movie yet i'm excited about it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts