AVS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all. We can look forward to imports like 1408, Death Proof, Planet Terror and others ...

Quote:

Remember the post I made last week where I said that Germany HD DVD publisher Senator Home Entertainment was going Blu-ray exclusive? Well, guess what: they're not. That's right, it was all a load of hooey.

Apparently, Cinefacts, who first reported the false story, got the "news" direct from the Blu-ray Disc Association (the BDA), but have now retracted the announcement. So, once again, the BDA have been caught lying. Well I never! Unfortunately, whoever said that cheaters never prosper clearly never bore witness to a format war.
http://whiggles.landofwhimsy.com/arc...after_all.html

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
i hope this remains true, since weinstein certainly has abandoned hddvd domestically.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Blogs

It's obvious that the guy doesn't speak German or he could have checked himself what Cinefacts actually published.

Cinefacts has NOT retracted the story that Senator is going blu later in the year. On their website it says that when they called Senator, the spokesperson of the company was not willing to deny or confirm the story to them. That's all.

And btw, Cinefacts was not the first one to report the story. They got the story from Heisse and Heisse did get confirmation from Senator.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think that this is a key battle ground. With regional distributors still publishing on HD DVD then it's possible to maintain a supply of films, though it will mean hunting around a bit.

·
Banned
407 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_N /forum/post/12903900

Blogs

It's obvious that the guy doesn't speak German or he could have checked himself what Cinefacts actually published.

Cinefacts has NOT retracted the story that Senator is going blu later in the year. On their website it says that when they called Senator, the spokesperson of the company was not willing to deny or confirm the story to them. That's all.

And btw, Cinefacts was not the first one to report the story. They got the story from Heisse and Heisse did get confirmation from Senator.

No, afaik, the first one to publish this canard was Videomarkt (Mediabiz).

I rather have a speculation than a fact

·
Registered
757 Posts
The German HD-DVD version of "1408" is supposed to be a 2 disc "Steelbook" speacial edition which is supposed to be out in 2/08 sometime.

I'll definitely be ordering that one through Exploited.

·
Registered
992 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_N /forum/post/12903900

This is incorrect. The Heise story is here:

http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/101862/

They got the information from the "Blu-ray Group Deutschland", which is the German arm of the BDA. There is no indication whatsoever in this news item that they got confirmation from Senator.

·
Registered
227 Posts
good news hope I can pick up 1408 & the Grindhouse flicks as well. I loved Death Proof, and am very anxious to see Planet Terror.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
The BDA lied, I dont believe it....

·
Registered
111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigby Reardon /forum/post/12905369

There is no indication whatsoever in this news item that they got confirmation from Senator.

Yes there is:
Quote:
Diesen Schritt bestätigte das Unternehmen auch gegenüber heise online

Now Babelfish that

·
Registered
111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkde /forum/post/12904076

No, afaik, the first one to publish this canard was Videomarkt (Mediabiz).

I rather have a speculation than a fact

That may be but Cinefacts got the story from Heise:
Quote:
Senator Home Entertainment möchte nach Angaben der Blu-ray Group Deutschland in Zukunft nur noch Blu-ray Filme anbieten, berichtet das Fachmagazin heise

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
BDA and its proponents took the opportunity to spread more propaganda while the embers of Warner's decision were still hot. Not surprising it was false.

·
Registered
992 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPforMe /forum/post/12906568

BDA and its proponents took the opportunity to spread more propaganda while the embers of Warner's decision were still hot. Not surprising it was false.

Danny_N is right. Heise is usually reliable. There is probably something to the story, even if Senator has not officially confirmed it (yet).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts