AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, after a short regroup, I think we’re ready to try this again. There are a few changes.

First, you will need to sign up again. (Aren’t you glad tattooed your serial numbers on your hand?)

Second, the NDA need not be faxed any more. You can just check a box on the agreement. Be careful… if you don’t check it, you simply won’t get chosen.

All of the rest of it is the same, so I copied it below for your reference.

Oh! The address has changed:
http://betatest.sonicblue.com/AVS_ForumSurvey2.asp

Cheers,

-RB

It is no secret that the most loyal, intelligent and informed ReplayTV users are all right here. (Yes, I'm kissing your ass.) We thought, “what better group is there to be the first to kick the tires on the new software?â€

We think the software is very close to done, but before we start rolling it out like crazy, we thought that maybe we'll let you guys test it in slightly more complicated environments than my living room. It turns out that environmental things like house wiring, phone systems, other phone devices, and kids can all change the way a ReplayTV behaves in someone’s home. So, as a sanity check, we’d like to release it to about a hundred AVS folks before we go out with it to everyone.

This is different than a beta, because we believe this software is VERY stable, and shouldn’t have any surprises in it. However, just to make sure our competitors don't get an early look too, we will ask you to sign an NDA.

So, if you’re interested in testing for us please go to this webpage, fill out the form, and we’ll consider you for this early release:

http://betatest.sonicblue.com/AVS_ForumSurvey2.asp

If you don’t hear from us about this program, I’m sorry, but we already had enough people, or your setup was similar to that of several people already testing. But don’t fret! I’ll be back in a short while to give you another chance to get the software early. That’s right. We’re going to release the final software to AVS members before we release it to the masses. That’s just another way we want to say thank you for all the feedback, suggestions, and encouragement you’ve given us. More information on that will come soon.

Thanks for your help, and for helping make ReplayTV the most powerful DVR on the market today.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Richard,

Will there be a similar program for the 4000/4500 software update?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
YES!!!! Thanks for opeing this up again, SR.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey Richard,

I've got more than 4 Replay's, so I submitted the form twice! Is 5.0 only for the 5000 series? The old form asked about 4000 series as well..

Thanks,

Wayne

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I have a feature request for the form! ;) In the future, please implement some sort of check for info left blank and/or don't let the return key submit the form. This makes twice (Takes 1 and 2) that I've accidentally hit return and sent the form with just my name and address! I'm a poor typist, what can I say--hope you don't hold that against me!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Hey, I just have a 4040 and a 4504 but I signed up anyway. If they aren't interested they won't pick me. If they are then WaHOO.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dallben
Richard,

Will there be a similar program for the 4000/4500 software update?

Thanks!
I'd like to know that too.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Okay, how can I find out my serial # from work?

**edit**

nevermind, I got the information. Babysitter at home got it for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
if you purchased your subscription through SonicBlue's website, you can try and log into it with your username and password you gave them when you signed up. When you get in, there is an area for account history I believe, and then you should see your service activation reciept with the serial number.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Submitted.

I hope to get picked again.

Also, to expand on 4500 series questions: will 5.0 be compatible with them? (I understand that the Beta test is for the 5000 series only as stated).

I had hoped that this release would include the incompatibility fix for the 5000/4500 series streaming.

·
Registered
135 Posts
 Pick ME! Pick ME!

:D

1 - 20 of 172 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.