AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to be the first on your block to have 5.0? Boy have we got a deal for you!

It is no secret that the most loyal, intelligent and informed ReplayTV users are all right here. (Yes, I'm kissing your ass.) We thought, “what better group is there to be the first to kick the tires on the new software?â€

We think the software is very close to done, but before we start rolling it out like crazy, we thought that maybe we'll let you guys test it in slightly more complicated environments than my living room. It turns out that environmental things like house wiring, phone systems, other phone devices, and kids can all change the way a ReplayTV behaves in someone’s home. So, as a sanity check, we’d like to release it to about a hundred AVS folks before we go out with it to everyone.

This is different than a beta, because we believe this software is VERY stable, and shouldn’t have any surprises in it. However, just to make sure our competitors don't get an early look too, we will ask you to sign an NDA.

So, if you’re interested in testing for us please go to this webpage, fill out the form, and we’ll consider you for this early release:

http://betatest.sonicblue.com/AVS_ForumSurvey.asp

If you don’t hear from us about this program, I’m sorry, but we already had enough people, or your setup was similar to that of several people already testing. But don’t fret! I’ll be back in a short while to give you another chance to get the software early. That’s right. We’re going to release the final software to AVS members before we release it to the masses. That’s just another way we want to say thank you for all the feedback, suggestions, and encouragement you’ve given us. More information on that will come soon.

Thanks for your help, and for helping make ReplayTV the most powerful DVR on the market today.

Cheers,

-RB

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's nice that the SB crowd is still out there, and that they are going to give up the 5.0 release to the AVS group first. Membership has it privileges.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Woohoo! This is exactly how SB should work. I assume this is another of your improvements SonicRichard? Thanks.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lizard_boy
So is it gonna be D&MRichard or D+MRichard ??
D+MRichard looks too much like DamnRichard prettied up.

Plus, since D&M bought replay, they could go back to ReplayRichard.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Umm...

It asks how many 4500 and 5000 units you own.

Will there be no 5.0 for 4000 series units?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I thought that 4000's were now considered to be 4500's.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jmaver
I thought that 4000's were now considered to be 4500's.
m'kay. I'll play that.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Excellent news! It is nice to see a company listen to and care about its loyal customers and users here at AVS forum!

·
Registered
222 Posts
great to see this! good to see RB up and posting again too!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Great, count me in (please??). Looking forward to me (and my wife and kids) being your test rabbits. Can't wait to try to stream between my 4xxx and 5xxx (dvarchive is cool enough, but this will add a whole new level to things!).

·
Registered
129 Posts
Wow! This is really moralizing stuff to be reading, especially after the minor scare we had during the bankruptcy discussions!

Thanks for the communication, if for nothing else!

Anyone who CAN safely comment without divulging stuff that is officially too sensitive to be revealed, what kind of stuff is 5.0 supposed to have? Better conflict management (pleasepleaseplease)?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Signed up my two 5xxx units, hope I am selected :)

Kudos to ReplayTV for doing this. Exactly the sort of thing that give us avid RTV users a very positive feeling about the company!

·
Registered
268 Posts
I just signed up. I got a 4504 and a Tivo series 2. Getting ready to replace my Go Video VCR. Looks like Replay is sticking around, hmmm.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Way to go SB and SonicRichard.

Nice to see that the AVS Forum resource is being used.

I have noticed, too, that more and more Station Managers and Engineers are reading the HDTV sections also.

The AVS Forum pays off again.

Keep up the good work... :)

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.