AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done some research and factoring price, performance, features, needs and where I'll buy these (locally) I've settled on these two a/v receivers. I'll use them strictly for the audio and will connect my Panasonic S727 DVD/ SA 8300HD STB directly to the Plasma TV. I hook the DVD/STB sound via optical digital. I have a sony CD play and PC hooked up for music thru RCA. I have 5.1 speakers and a pair of very large/very old stereo speakers available.

Can anybody steer me to one choice or the other?

·
Registered
90 Posts
A friend of mine recently purchased a Onkyo SR602 about a week ago. We set it up at that time and there was a blue light around the volume control. That light has now disappeared entirely altho it doesn't seem to have any effect on the use of the receiver. Does anyone have any idea why that light is around the volume control?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Im guessing its easier to find the volume knob at night with an all black receiver (if his is black) if theres a big blue ring surrounding it. For the silver one i guess it serves the same purpose but to a lesser degree.

by the way i asked this same exact question just a few days ago, and another person before me also asked this question. Run an search on the forum and read some other answers to your question ;)

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
If you press the "dimmer" button on the remote, the blue light around the volume will cycle into modes where it is on and off.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClickCardo
I've done some research and factoring price, performance, features, needs and where I'll buy these (locally) I've settled on these two a/v receivers. I'll use them strictly for the audio and will connect my Panasonic S727 DVD/ SA 8300HD STB directly to the Plasma TV. I hook the DVD/STB sound via optical digital. I have a sony CD play and PC hooked up for music thru RCA. I have 5.1 speakers and a pair of very large/very old stereo speakers available.

Can anybody steer me to one choice or the other?

I just ordered the Pioneer 815. I've read good things about the 602 but got a better price on the Pioneer, and the features it possesses made it a very attractive piece of equipment for the money.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The 815 is really more3 inline with the 503 and not the 602. Though, the 815 definteily has more features than the 503. The 602 does have dual room, dual source capabilities, i.e. movie in living room, fm in the den off the same reciever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.