AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved to San Angelo, TX. House I bought had Cox cable. Want to get NFL Sunday for watching NFL games and Distant Network Service (DNS) so my wife can time shift plus watch her network programs in HD . That has led me to trying to figure out if I should get D* via their 800# or thru a local d* retail guy.

Normally, I would do business with the local guy without hesitation but wonder if I can still get the receivers deal that D* has offered along with free installation from the local guy. By the way the local guy was very honest about getting waivers, he said about 20% and knows that I will not make the D* deal without it.

I am worried that if I go with the local retailer, will that jeopardize my getting DNS? Also, can he provide the free equipment and install that D* is advertising?

Would appreciate any and all your collective thoughts on the getting D* via their 800# vs local retail outlet as well as suggestions on DNS for HD.

·
Registered
732 Posts
It doesn't matter who you purchase it from for distant networks. As far as service and quality of installation, your local DTV dealer will usually do a better job.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Free installation generally means placing the dish no further than 50 feet from the TV and laying wires accross the floor and around door openings. If this suits your needs, then by all means call the 800 number.

·
Registered
221 Posts
directv has a $299 HD Tivo plus $100 mail in rebate deal going on right now. Check the Tivo forum. 2 yr committment

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.