AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Well this is what Sony wants, people rushing out to buy the last of the stock, then they release a new SKU. I suspect the will have a 65nm 80GB w/ DS3 and no Motorstorm by summer.

They always discontinue before the annouce a new SKU, they try to clear the channels of old stock.

Just use history to guide you... people said after the $499 60GBs were gone the $599 80GB was going to be the only SKU. Low and behold they annouced a $399 40GB and droppoed the 80GB to $499.

They need to ditch the 90nm 80GB for cost reasons and they will also be releasing the DS3 in NA in March.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Best Buy has pulled the 80g from their website. I haven't seen any of them in the 3 stores in my area since x-mas anyhow, but they just stocked my local one with a pile of about ~50 of the 40g with the spiderman BD bundle. So it looks like some announcements will be happening soon.

·
Banned
2,801 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgable /forum/post/12929632

Well this is what Sony wants, people rushing out to buy the last of the stock, then they release a new SKU. I suspect the will have a 65nm 80GB w/ DS3 and no Motorstorm by summer.

They always discontinue before the annouce a new SKU, they try to clear the channels of old stock.

Just use history to guide you... people said after the $499 60GBs were gone the $599 80GB was going to be the only SKU. Low and behold they annouced a $399 40GB and droppoed the 80GB to $499.

They need to ditch the 90nm 80GB for cost reasons and they will also be releasing the DS3 in NA in March.

It's rumored Sony is going the one SKU approach and just having the 40gb on the market. Which would make sense since it's looking very likely they'll be releasing a patch for full software emulation of PS2 games sometime in the future.

·
Registered
123 Posts
picked up my PS3 from BB friday, i had never really interacted with one since its release only at the kiosks and what not. The sound this thing puts on my ONKYO 800SR is incredible. People talk about the graphix and what not but sound is what has really blown me away, Graphix and sound make this a winner in my book. picked up the second to last from my BB here in Winston Salem NC. a guy bought secs b4 me so i guess word go out that theyre on their way out and i doubt the last one lasted much longer.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Yup! There is nothing like playing a game in dolby digital 5.1 (I don't have enough speakers for anything higher)... I just need to invest in some REAL speakers eventually (I'm using the $1,000.00 packages (Polk and Boston) and although the ones I have sound good... I'm drooling at some full sized Klipsh with a subwoofer that doesn't breakup when cranked...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts