AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have Gigabyte DS3L mobo with ALC888 onboard audio. I have it connected from the comp to the reciever Onkyo SR606 with a SP-DIF wire. Running Polk RM6750 speakers.

The only two channels being powered are the two front speakers. Nothing else works with this. The board is said to support 7.1. I have it setup up with 6 ch setup in the Realtek HD Audio manager. Still no luck. Have the latest audio drivers.

Any advice will be very helpful. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts
S/PDIF supports only stereo LPCM, DD and DTS. 7.1 is analog only. If the audio source is (stereo or multichannel) LPCM, then you will get only stereo LPCM through S/PDIF. Did you play a DVD movie with DD audio track?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was playing MP3 songs from Itunes...also played them from XBMC on my HTPC and both times only front speakers were working; no subwoofer/center/rear speaker support and my receiver would not let me change the to anything else other than stereo or direct. No option for all speakers as is normally present.

When playing the same songs for the XBMC on my Xbox. Everything works normally.

Now when I played a DVD with ac5.1 on XBMC then all speakers worked properly. Any way I can get it to work normally with all speakers for all file type. Do I need to do a digital coaxial connection or will buying a third party audio card solve the issue.

The whole reason I switched from XBox XBMC to HTPC was for better sound and 720p/1080p support.

I am currently running Gibabyte DS3L Mobo with E6750 Proc. PNY 8600GT Videocard with onboards Audio. ALC888

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alrite seems like I got all speakers to work through using AC3Filter. Hopefully things will keep on working well. Knock on wood.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.