AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the alternate video/audio codec game. I install it, but cannot get it to see any dvd player, it won't even show in my system tray. Is there some way to configure it to force my computer to see it?

thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
Do you see AC3 Filter in your control panel? You can check to see if the codec is registered by using something like Gspot v2.21.....you should be able to select the filter as an audio codec when running something like Media Player Classic. In my case I use AC3Filter to produce a "surround effect" when I'm listening to mp3s, with movies or other source material I don't alter the audio. I'm using digital ouput from my PC to the AV receiver, so in that case make sure you have spdif checked off in the audio settings.....

Just my $0.02....

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do not see it in my control panel. Should it have it's own separate icon, or would it be listed under something. When I open media player, how do I check or change codecs?

I guess when it comes to this issue, it's best to assume I know absolutely nothing :0

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I mainly use PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 for both DVD and HDDVD.

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Powerdvd uses it's own filters (actually it doesn't use directshow filters at all).

You need to use a player like Zoomplayer.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ /forum/post/0

I mainly use PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 for both DVD and HDDVD.

Just like the above user mentioned...PowerDvd uses its own codecs for playback, it doesnt rely on directshow codecs such as ac3filter.

Doesnt really make sense why you would want to use an alternative audio codec when powerdvd works perfectly fine. Theres no difference......

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How about windows media center, or theatertek 2.5 how would I get ac3filter to appear in the control panel=? Is there a place where someone like me, who doesn't know much about filters could get some kind of tutorial?

Thanks,

ej

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.