AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am building an HTPC with a DVB-T Tuner card and a DVB-S card.

What I am trying to do is feed the analogue satellite and terrestrial signals into the computer and then send them (still as

analogue signals), via a distribution diplexer to all the other rooms in my house, so each of these televisions can then use either of these signals with a freeview/freesat box.

What I essentially want to know is once I have sent these analogue signals into the computer, how do I get them out again?

I originally thought about TV Tuner Cards that have powered RF loop outputs, but these don't seem to be sold anymore.

I don't want to split the cables before they go into the PC either.

Any ideas of how I might go about pulling this off?

·
Registered
87 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by duvetyne /forum/post/17040394

A "pass though" is a splitter.

the OP wrote, "I don't want to split the cables before they go into the PC." my understanding of your response ("the only way to feed two loads with one source is to split it") was that he didn't have a choice. so i was pointing out that if the card in the PC had a pass-through then that seemed like an alternative to splitting the cables before going into the PC. maybe i'm missing something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.