AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old Pioneed 1130HD Elite Plasma TV and I just recently got rid of cable and hooked up an OTA antenna to the tv tuners in my 1130HD. I have the audio going out to a sony HTIB via HDMI. for some reason when I use the OTA tuner in the 1130HD, it wants to send the audio out to the built in speakers (which are disconnected) rather than out to the AV receiver.

for the life of me I can't seem to figure out how to get the audio to go out to the AV receiver when watching OTA TV. does anybody have any ideas? It really would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Well, it is doubtful that either your receiver or TV (and controller) has ARC capabilitiy, so the HDMI can only be used to send video and audio to your tv and NOT the other way. So that means you have to add other cabling from the tv (controller) to the receiver.... the likely candidate is the optical out.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies - I actually run an optical cable from the tv to the receiver (in addition to the HDMI) and I am still not getting any sound from the TV on the OTA input. Thats why I was wondering if there was a setting or something on the tv to enable audio output over optical.

I am usually pretty good with this stuff but I am stumped here.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
thanks for adding that piece of missing info... :) How did you assign the optical input at your receiver?

You might want actually layout EXACTLY how you have things connected. Further, you seem to imply that other sources come thru fine on the optical link, just not the OTA sound. Probably not correct, hence the suggestion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts