AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is the wrong forum, not sure where else to ask this...

While this question is about my Mitsubishi 65413 TV, this may hold true for all HDTV sets. I understand these TV's retain different settings for each input. If that is the case, how can I use AVIA to properly tune each input? does this mean I have to run through the DVD like 5 times, with different cables for each input? If so, does that mean I can't calibrate my 1080i component inputs?

· Registered
523 Posts
One thing to consider is that not all devices are the same. If you use the DVD to calibrate all inputs, then it is better than nothing - but the DVD probably isn't sending the exact same video signal as the VCR or LD or Cable/Satelite box. My current TV only has one setting for all inputs and if I calibrate it for the LD player, it isnt 100% right for the DVD player and visa versa. It is close, but not 100%. Having multiple settings is both a curse (have to do each one you are using), and a blessing (you can do each one).

BTW - my 65413 should be here tomorrow. Can't wait to get it set up, but don't really look forward to rewiring my equipment. I have to move everything to get the new TV in place.

· Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

This depends more on your TV's ability to retain specific settings for each input on the TV. AVIA won't help you there.

It is possible to use the typical 3 or 4 output types from the DVD player to the TV, but the end result is dependant on the TV's ability to hold those settings.

Optimal DVD settings do not always translate to being optimal LD or VHS settings.

Regards

· Premium Member
14,310 Posts
Mits has a seperate memory for each input. I generally copy settings over from settings achieved using a DVD player (component, S-video, and composite) based on the connector. However, the settings are usually off when another device is connected, like DSS receiver (I then kinda just adjust by eye...mostly saturation).

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How would one tune the receiver inputs, I guess just by eye? It would be nice of comcast/D* etc offered a station of test patterns and stuff to calibrate the receiver images.

· Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by clouser
It would be nice of comcast/D* etc offered a station of test patterns and stuff to calibrate the receiver images.
It's a reasonable idea, but unfortunately "proper" settings wouldn't

even be consistent from channel to channel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.