Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm running WinXP Pro, with Audigy MP3 (plain OEM, no Platinum/EX). I've connected the spdif output of the audigy to my receiver. Following forum members advice, I checked 'digital output only', and unchecked 'AC-3 decode' in the audigy mixer. I'm running TheaterTek (enabling spdif pass-through). The problem is that I'm getting only PCM (two channels), and not 6.

Any suggestions :-(

Thanks in advance,

Amir

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hello Amir,

Have a look in control panel, sounds and multimedia, might be something in there, under audio. look at the 'preferred device ' options etc.

Good luck,

Mark.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mike, I've found nothing in the control panel that relates to getting multi channel digital audio out.

Let me clarify my situation -

I have win XP Pro machine, with the a plain audigy soundcard. The digital output of the audio card is connected to my Marantz 8200 reciver. Playing a dvd I get digital PCM (two channels) at the reciver. I can play it in all speakers (using Prologic 2), but would like to get the multi-channel DD/DTS stream of the dvd to my reciver.

Is there a forum member with this configuration that actually get 5+1 chanel digital stream from his HTPC to the receiver ? If not, what is the best (read least expensive) way to upgrade my hardware so I'll be able to get digital multi channel audio from my HTPC (as I get from a standalone DVD player).

Cheers,

Amir

·
Registered
701 Posts
Amir,

It sounds likeyou have everyhting set correctly. However, change the Speakers setting in the Audio tab of the sound card to select 5.1 instead of Dektop stereo. I believe the Audigy driver also looks at that to determine SP/DIF output.

Regards,

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Andrew,

I did more tests. It seems I can get 5+1 digital audio from the PC when using ATI dvd player 7.6 (using the "Ravisent S/PDIF WaveOut Renderer"),

or using PowerDVD XP. However, when I'm using TheaterTek, I get only digital PCM (2 channel audio). So it seems that the problem lies within TT. Is my TT crippled in any way ? I'd like to use it as I think it has a better image, but I think I should also be able to get the multi channel digital dolby/DTS sound.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Cheers,

Amir

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
You may have a decoder conflict. If you read the TT manual, it clearly states to uninstall the ATi DVD player to prevent such decoder conflicts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.