Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've had this problem before... about a year ago perhaps more.. I experimented with DIVX movies keeping the AC3.. I really needed to keep using dolby headphone as I love the effect and i love my headphones..

Anyways.. I've recently got a projector.. had power and windvd installed for ages... i finally try to get reclock working for the projector.. experiment with zoom... straight away powerdvd's audio has dolby headphone enabled... I was very happy..

This happened before in that I managed to get it working once, and then never again following a reinstall..

Well I tried updating with the new windvd stuff, and also installed zoom3 at the same time as keeping 2.9 about.. i dont know what was going off but a lot of my dvd players all of a sudden had real problems playing video... unencrypted/ripped movies on my hdd played ok but dvds were very very stuttery.. picture updating every 5 secs say.. audio similar..

As such i've gone ahead and reinstalled windows on a 2nd partition to be a minimal install for my movie watching... got it working last night.. installed the software.. tried zoom.. played a movie... checked the powerdvd audio options and dolby headphone is greyed out :(

As I installed to a new version of windows i have the old one around still.. which is ruined with the afore mentioned problems but still has dolby headphone available using the same dvdgraph, and the same filters loaded..

Back a year ago no one understood how to enable dolby headphone without being in windvd or powerdvd... has this been understood more now.. whats the trick!?!?

Thanks a lot for your time, hope you can help... I need zoom for reclock.. and i need dolby headphone to enjoy my movies the most late at night...

Cheers

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i got it working.. not quite sure how... installing in this order

i) powerdvd

ii) sonic

iii) windows media 7 (i used encoder) (needed for windvd.. also including in some form with my radion drivers cd)

iv) windvd

v) zoom

somewhere along there dolby headphone works.. its a bit flacky in how you turn it on or off.. but you can tell easy enough when its on (flacky as in repeatedly telling it to turn on.. and clicking apply seems to toggle it on and off, even tho u requested ON)

before installing winddvd is where i was at this morning when i wrote original message.. no dolby headphone playback...

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
You need to put these files under the same directory:

claud.ax
DolbyHph.dll
PowerDVD.sim

Then go to the "Filter Properties" of CyberLink Audio Decoder and then you will see the "Dolby Headphone" tab.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks.. I use the default install directory which has all 3 of those in the same dir... how are you sure those 3 are needed.. you done any investigations into how the dolby headphone stuff is accessed!!??

I'm happy now its workin :)

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
How does one get it working within Zoomplayer and WinDVD audio? I see lots of setting in the audio processor, but I have no idea which are for Dolby Headphones. Thanks Drew

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no go with windvd i'm afraid... I've not managed anyways... only powerdvd works.. and only the older version i believe..

I personally think that powerdvd4 sounds the best with dolby headphone, better than windvd4,5 and powerdvd5 .. they all seem to have layered extra audio DSP stuff over the top of it, where as powerdvd4 is just nice and dynamic and clean sounding.. its the only option too :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.