AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been calling tech support, searching the web, and reading forums for days now. I'm about to give up unless someone can help me out here.

Windows XP Home

GeForce4 Ti 4200

KD-VTCA2 converter

Samsung 1080i HDTV

Im trying to get 1920x1080 to display.

Im getting very close but right now the best i can do is a double image with a black gap down the middle.

All the switches on the converter are correct. I think the problem is with Powerstrip but im not sure.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I am using a ti4600 at 1920x1080i with no problems. If you are using the latest official drivers from nvidia.com, it is definately not an Nvidia driver issue at all. I don;t know where everyone is coming from with Nvidia not being able to render interlaced resolutions as well. I am using a self-made transcoder as well. It works well but we are still tweaking a new design. I wouldn't think that your transcoder is the problem though...

Try this:

1) Download the latest drivers regardless of if you have them already or not.

2) Reinstall Powerstrip with the latest beta build.

3) reinstall the video drivers and reboot.

You'll have to set up each timing over again more than likely in powerstrip, but, it should be worth the time. Let me know how that works out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm experiencing the same thing when connecting my PC with my HDTV monitor (Sony KX-32HV50).

Moreover, when the res was switched to 1920 x 1080, the screen was not inline with the control, i.e. from the screen, I saw that the mouse was pointing on a button but actually it was not. When I click the mouse, no response. I'm sure that the computer did not hang under that situation. The control was not aligned with the screen.

Any idea?

(The connection from PC to monitor was using 15-pin VGA connector).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think i figured out my problem, but i need help fixing it.

I went ahead and accepted the 1920x1080 resolution so that i could work with it, of course i had to do this with a double skinny image but i know where everbutton is so i dont even have to read the screen. (my monitor doens't support 1920x1080.

I noticed that in the advanced timing options in powerstrip interlaced is unchecked and faded, no matter what i do i cannot get it to allow me to check interlace when i am in 1080i.

Maybe i'm not creating the resolutions properly. If someone could guide me through it that would be great.

·
Registered
954 Posts
If anyone can tell me how to get the timings from my Display Profiles, I can post the whole thing. I don't want to post something if I am not 100% sure that is the timing I am using. Let me know if there is a way to find out what timings each display profile is using. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Switch to 1920x1080i while PS is running, go to the advanced timings page, your timings for the current rez are displayed here, so click the copy button, and paste here.

·
Registered
115 Posts
This is an NVidia driver issue. It will be fixed in a furture release (after 43.51)

To fix the offset mouse issue, use the second monitor display. This issue should also be fixed in a future release.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I'm not sure what issue you all are talking about. The only issues I have with display is that sometimes the powerstrip settings don't seem to stick at times and require to rebuild the display profiles. They do work though. Not optimal, but I can say they are working for me. Of course, I am using a home-vrewed transcoder but I really wouldn't think that has much to do with anything.

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Different versions of drivers can have varying degrees of support/success with custom rez and interlacing in particular.

Dan, when you post your timings for 1920x1080i please include your display driver version.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Coldie,

Your reply gives me hope, I'm considering to buy another radeon 9000/9100 card, but now I will wait until the new nvidia driver.

Do you know when this new driver will be issued?

Thank you!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.