AVS Forum banner

getting fed up with this DLNA - skipping video

583 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  GusGus748s 
#1 ·
so my lady and i moved in to our new apartment. i decided to grab a new router - probably should have gone with the R7000, but i didnt want to spend the extra cash.

came home with an asus RT-AC66R

was quite happy, easy setup, etc. - but DLNA has been an issue.

i have my PS3 wired - static IP, MTU at 1500, fullduplex 100. when i set it to full duplex gigabit, i kept getting errors on the PS3 about the router not supporting packet fragments. in 100, no "issues" there.

however, streaming media via DLNA - tonight i had a 709 (i believe) error, almost everything i watch will have video and audio playback issues. the audio will stop, then the video stops a few seconds later, they eventually both catch up to each other, etc.

if the video file is over 1GB, or HD good luck getting it to play at all. the PS3 will open it, and sit.....and sit.....i have never seen it successfully play a "large" HD movie.

is this router simply too puny? am i doing something wrong? if i cant fix anything, i may just return it and build an HTPC. few things are more infuriating than trying to watch a movie, only to be interrupted every 30 seconds.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.