AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a sony-kp51 and i have regular direct tv and I have to say that the picture is quite disappointing. The picture isn't clear at all very fuzzy, expecially sports.. Faces from a distance especially in sports look out of focus. Last night i was watching a basketball game and the players faces appeared to be scrabbled out like they sometimes do on Cops. I have it hooked up via s-video... I was wondering if I upgrade to HDTV with the recevier and new dish will it improve my sdtv as well as allowing me to get the very few HDTV channels. Also is there anything else I can do because sdtv is almost unwatching. Please help this newbie out

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm currently using the KP51WS500 and just recently switched to the HTL-HD receiver. My SD tv was never as bad as you describe in your post. It may be that you have a connection or hardware problem some where in your setup. Check the Sony group over on Yahoo. There are some Sony techs over there that should be able to help you trouble shoot this.

I'm using the DVI connection and have convinced myself that the picture is better but overall the SD PQ didn't change very much for me with the new receiver. The HTL and most others will up convert the signal but I didn't care for how it worked on my set. I'm sure there are several opinions on that.

No matter what happens with the SD I would recommend the HD upgrade. I've got the HD package and I'm picking up 8 digital OTA stations. The picture on a true HD program is great!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.