Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Well, got the CI today, and can't get a picture. Is there anyone in the San Jose, CA area that may be able to help me set this stupid thing up with my plasma? I'd really appreciate it, and will actually pay someone to help me get the thing working. I hate this! Please help! Does anyone have experience getting a CImage to work on a plasma? I get no signal, and occasionally get blobs of color across the screen...but nothing that locks on, allowing me to get a menu on the screen to try and fix my problem...is this an HV problem???

·
Registered
362 Posts
I can't help you but maybe someone over in the Video Processor forum will. Why don't you post your problem over there if you haven't solved it?

I'm sure any Forum Member who has a CI scaler and who lives near you would be more than happy to drop over and give you a hand for free.

I envy you your new system. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Hi Stheger,

How do you like your NEC? I am considering it for a HT application. Do you notice the Pixels? It seems that they are much larger than on the 50" displays. How does the picture compare to the new 50" Panasonic and Pioneer (If you have seen them)?

Black level? Brightness? Color accuracy?

Please feel free to send me a private message with any thoughts about it. Sorry I don't have any advice on your Crystal Image :) It would seem that the internal scaling of the set is poor or you are just trying to get an even better image?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Can you see the onscreen menus at all? Anything? Have you tried the CI with a regular computer monitor?

My recommendation is that you first set up the CI to output regular VGA/60 and work the menus from there.

I had some trouble initially with my CI and DILA but was able to get a lock first in VGA and then work up from there. No problems now.

Good luck!

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.