AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get Klipsch RB-61 II which have a 100W RMS/ 400W peak and a sensitivity of 95dB @ 2.83V/1m for my 2 channel receiver.

My receiver is a Realistic SCR-3010; the only watt number listed on it is 200W. I found an old advertisement for the SCR-3010 which says "22 WATTS PER CHANNEL, MINIMUM RMS INTO 8 OHMS FROM 20-20,000 Hz, WITH NO MORE THAN 0.1% THD"

Will this receiver be powerful enough to play at reasonable volumes or am I at risk for clipping? I'm new to the whole audio thing, any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of picking up an Onkyo tx-sr700 receiver for like 50$. The continuous average power output on it is 100W per channel min. RMS 8 ohms, 2 channel driven from 20Hz-20kHz. That would definitely allow me to play the music very loud correct?

·
Banned
16,231 Posts
Without knowing details of your listening setup or your what levels you like to listen at, hard to know. Best is to try it first. Don't get silly with the volume knob. If you're not getting clean sound as loud as you like then you might need more amp....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll mostly be playing music from my laptop or ipod through the auxiliary with an adapter. I listen to all varieties of music, from classical to metal to dubstep... As far as volume, I generally listen at a moderate volume; I do not need to shake the house down or wake the neighbors. I like to have clean bass, but don't really have room for a sub (and would rather not buy a receiver/amp if I don't have to) so I was hoping these larger bookshelf speakers with my Realistic receiver would do the trick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts