AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just upgraded my HT setup to a Pioneer VSX-820 receiver, Toshiba BDX1100KU Blu-Ray and a Samsung LN52A580 HDTV. My HTPC is a custom build unit and the video card is a nVidia GT220. The HTPC case is an Ahanix MCE701B with a built in 7" touch LCD. My TV signal is from an ATT Uverse Motorola box. The Uverse, Blu-Ray and HTPC connect to the receiver via HDMI. The HTPC case LCD is connected to the VGA out on the video card and I have a HCMI cable from the HTPC to the receiver. With my old HT setup my receiver only had 2 HDMI inputs so I connected the HTPC to the HDTV with a VGA cable. The problem I am having is getting the proper resolution on my Samsung HDTV. I have the video card set up in dual monitor mode and the desktop duplicated. When I open the nVidia control panel to adjust the resolution it does not show a resolution of 1920x1080. The highest I can set the HDTV is 1280x720. If I disconnect the HTPC LCD from the VGA out, I get no signal on the TV but I do see a "Mode not Supported" error message. When I plug the HTPC LCD back into the VGA out, I get the signal on the HTPC LCD and on the HDTV. I have tried every setting combination I can think of and cannot get the nVidia Control Panel to show the option to set the HDTV to 1920x1080. One thing I have noticed in the nVidia Control Panel is that when I look at the Dual Monitor setup page it describes my monitors and #1-VSX-820 (the receiver not my Samsung HDTV) and #2 - Analog display (the HTPC LCD). Also I am getting the Audio from the HTPC just fine through the receiver. Has anyone run into this problem or have any suggestions? If I left any information out, please ask.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts