AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a JVC RX-D402 digital receiver, it has 2 HDMI inputs and one output.

I connected my cable box and it worked the way it is supposed to, it goes into DD 5.1 when a channel is broadcasting it, HD channels are in HD, everything is good. I also connected it to the second input just to make sure the settings were ok on that input, everything works fine.

I then tried to connect my PS3, but it's not working at all. I tried both inputs, still nothing.

Nothing shows up on the screen, the receiver doesn't go into DD as it normally would for the PS3 menu- nothing.

I just pulled the HDMI out of the TV where it's been for a few weeks and working fine, I plugged it into the receiver and now I'm stuck with nothingness.

Anyone know what's going on?

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
I guess you could try a different output option? Is your PS3 set to 1080p? Not all receivers handle that. Plug the PS3 back into the TV, set it to 720p, and then try using the receiver again.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman /forum/post/12956894

I guess you could try a different output option? Is your PS3 set to 1080p? Not all receivers handle that. Plug the PS3 back into the TV, set it to 720p, and then try using the receiver again.

I had 1080p working with this receiver when I had my XA2 connected to it.

Out of curiosity, even if the receiver didn't accept 1080p, wouldn't I still have sound?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're right, when I set the PS3 to 1080i it worked! And the reason I wasn't hearing sound was because that had to be changed from SPDIF to HDMI in the PS3 settings.

I just don't understand how I had it with the XA2, I could have sworn that everything worked with 1080p...

Thanks bro.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Whenever you use the PS3 on a new system/tv, hold down the power button for 5seconds on turn on, it'll beep and reset video settings.

Btw, have you tried music yet. I loaded all my MP3's and run it through my old Yamaha 5.1 processor. I don't know what it's doing but I never heard music sound so good on my system. For the first time I have very good spatial coming from all 5 speakers, music is very crisp.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Did'nt know it was illegal to transfer your own CD's into MP3's on your PS3. Trying to help someone out on a forum also should not call for such a stupid remark!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm01 /forum/post/12965110

Did'nt know it was illegal to transfer your own CD's into MP3's on your PS3. Trying to help someone out on a forum also should not call for such a stupid remark!

Did you think I was kidding?

You should really rethink your post, there is no need for you to insult and troll here.

EDIT: I just noticed you have 6 posts, apparently you are a troll that has been banned and returned under a new username, no normal member would act like you have here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts