AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a JVC RX-D402 digital receiver, it has 2 HDMI inputs and one output.

I connected my cable box and it worked the way it is supposed to, it goes into DD 5.1 when a channel is broadcasting it, HD channels are in HD, everything is good. I also connected it to the second input just to make sure the settings were ok on that input, everything works fine.

I then tried to connect my PS3, but it's not working at all. I tried both inputs, still nothing.

Nothing shows up on the screen, the receiver doesn't go into DD as it normally would for the PS3 menu- nothing.

I just pulled the HDMI out of the TV where it's been for a few weeks and working fine, I plugged it into the receiver and now I'm stuck with nothingness.

Anyone know what's going on?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBDan /forum/post/12957239

Is it a brand new PS3? do you have HDMI turned on?

:p

"I just pulled the HDMI out of the TV where it's been for a few weeks and working fine, I plugged it into the receiver and now I'm stuck with nothingness."

I found the problem, my receiver apparently doesn't support 1080p

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I'm curious how your ps3 is configured for video output before you switched it. If it was on 24fps as "on" this could be an issue if your AVR can't detect or pass-through the 24fps signal. I would recommend holding down the power key till you hear the dual-beep to get back to factory settings. Then turn the ps3 on with both the AVR and tv already on.

-Splints

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by splinters /forum/post/12957387

I'm curious how your ps3 is configured for video output before you switched it. If it was on 24fps as "on" this could be an issue if your AVR can't detect or pass-through the 24fps signal. I would recommend holding down the power key till you hear the dual-beep to get back to factory settings. Then turn the ps3 on with both the AVR and tv already on.

-Splints

I didn't have 24fps turned on since I don't think my TV supports it.

I found the problem to be the fact that 1080p was set on the PS3, and apparently my receiver doesn't support that. I changed it to 1080i and everything works.

·
Registered
565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by
/forum/post/12957317

I found the problem, my receiver apparently doesn't support 1080p

[/QUOTE]

Weak sauce.

Is it too late to return it? The Sony receivers in that price range all support 1080p, and I'm sure there are others by other manufacturers.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by serversurfer /forum/post/12958677

Weak sauce.

Is it too late to return it? The Sony receivers in that price range all support 1080p, and I'm sure there are others by other manufacturers.

I got this receiver for a song over a year ago.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Ah, I see. It sounded like you were hooking it up for the first time, so I assumed it was new.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by serversurfer /forum/post/12959210

Ah, I see. It sounded like you were hooking it up for the first time, so I assumed it was new.

It was the first time that I connected the STB and DVD player thru HDMI. Before this, I just ran the HDMI to the TV and optical cables to the receiver.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts