AVS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty much left with buying online, the only local Pio dealer wants $1000 more than the forum sponsor stores. My question to you guys is; out of all the possible things that can go wrong with ordering a plasma online, how much do you really think I have to worry about? I'm trying to put my mind at ease, and I'd hate to receive a damaged panel, or dead pixels, or a defective panel that I have to wait for an exchange...etc. With the superbowl coming up I'd like to have things settled. How have your transactions gone with online orders?

·
Registered
732 Posts
The general consensus seens to be that they've went well for all but one forum sponsor, you can find out what one by doing a bit of research here. I had good luck with mine, but I also had no problems.

I think that they will all replace a panel with any shipping damage (which seems to be very rare). As long as you have an autorized dealer, there shouldn't be any problem with replacing a defective unit. Finally, regarding pixels... that's where the potential disadvantage lies. But it depends on how you use it. If you're going to put in a white screen, then a black screen then a green scree.... and stand 1' away and look for dead pixels, you might be disappointed. On the other hand if you're just going to sit 10' away & watch some tv, problems with a display of this quality are exceedingly rare. I haven't seen a one despite some critical viewing.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
visual apex, cleveland plasma and invision all are good forum sponsor to deal with.

·
Banned
2,580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesketball /forum/post/0

I'm pretty much left with buying online, the only local Pio dealer wants $1000 more than the forum sponsor stores. My question to you guys is; out of all the possible things that can go wrong with ordering a plasma online, how much do you really think I have to worry about? I'm trying to put my mind at ease, and I'd hate to receive a damaged panel, or dead pixels, or a defective panel that I have to wait for an exchange...etc. With the superbowl coming up I'd like to have things settled. How have your transactions gone with online orders?

I think the odds of you getting a problem set out of the box is very remote and wouldn't hesitate to purchase the TV online. I got mine from Magnolia only because they gave me a great price and 6 month same as cash financing. If not for that, I would have easily gone with any of the previously mentioned supporting vendors. Good luck. The 5070HD is an incredible set.

·
Banned
10,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesketball /forum/post/0

If you're going the Internet route... with one notable exception
I'd recommend purchasing your PDP from any of the AVSF Alliance Members listed above.

·
Premium Member
18,327 Posts
I wouldn't hesitate to buy from a reputable authorized online vendor with known good customer service, whether it's to save a hundred bucks or a thousand bucks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I recently ordered a 5070 from an online vendor and it wasn't a forum sponsor. I don't really think there will be any problems, but I'm really curious to see come delivery day.

I would have much rather gone over to the local BB to purchase such a large item, but it would have cost much, much more.

·
Premium Member
18,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowMonkey /forum/post/0

I recently ordered a 5070 from an online vendor and it wasn't a forum sponsor. I don't really think there will be any problems, but I'm really curious to see come delivery day.

Is that online vendor an official authorized Pioneer e-tailer? If not, you'll have no factory warranty !!

List of Authorized Online Dealers

·
Registered
807 Posts
I purchased a plasma online and had some of the same concerns as you. Turns out I had nothing to worry about and everything went fine. I did however buy another plasma at Costco. When I got it home the picture had a big line through it. Sure was easy to just take it back to Costco and get a different one. Even with that experience, I would buy online again, if the price difference was large enough. Both the plasma's I purchased were Pioneers.

·
Registered
552 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vneally /forum/post/0

Does anyone know an online dealer with a good price PLUS good financing? I need to delay the payments for a while.

Amazon. Good price, not necessarily the lowest, but it comes with free shipping and they have 12-month financing.

·
Premium Member
18,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowMonkey /forum/post/0

Don't worry, I did in fact get it from a place on that list.

Good job! Just thought i'd check in case you were misled by an unscrupulous e-tailer

·
Registered
395 Posts
If bought online verify the set is in the box and the screen is not cracked/broken before signing for it. There was a post from someone who just signed then found the skid had a bag of sand on it with no TV, and others who found Pioneer didn't want to hear about any physical damage as far as warranty claims.

Personally I just gave the delivery guy $20 to carry the set upstairs and help me set it up, we were both very happy with the result.

·
Banned
2,357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyy2 /forum/post/0

If bought online verify the set is in the box and the screen is not cracked/broken before signing for it. There was a post from someone who just signed then found the skid had a bag of sand on it with no TV, and others who found Pioneer didn't want to hear about any physical damage as far as warranty claims.

Personally I just gave the delivery guy $20 to carry the set upstairs and help me set it up, we were both very happy with the result.

Reputable online authorized dealers offer 48 hours to notice damage. By now there should not be any concerns regarding ordering online especially a Pioneer consumer product since Pioneer has done the research and authorization for you.

Here are just some reviews but you can also do a search on any dealer on this forum and you will get an answer.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...light=invision

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.