Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Panny TU-HDS20.

During Pay-per-view previews, there's a box that pops up on the bottom of the screen saying something like "Purchase available. Press ACTION for purchase information.". That's all well and good when it pops up on PPV stuff, but it also seems to pop up over the last half hour of HDNet programming, and more frequently, over HDNet in the middle of the day when there isn't actually any PPV available.

So the question is, how can I clear this box so that it isn't blocking the screen when it shouldn't be? There's nothing in the manual, and frantic button-pushing does no good.

Thanks, :)

Alex

·
Registered
211 Posts
Alex,

What do you actually mean by "the last half hour of HDNet programming"? I watch HDNet occasionally and have never seen that box pop up on my Panny.

Is there a specific time of day, or program material when this happens?:confused:

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mean the half hour before HDNet goes off the air for the day, to make room for the late-night DirecTV HDTV PPV. I'm not sure if it always shows the box prematurely, but I've seen it happen several times, and the "Purchase that's available" is the upcoming PPV movie, so it at least makes a little sense. (Doesn't stop me from having a big box over the picture, though.)

(If you meant that you just want to see what the box looks like, go to any PPV channel and watch the 4 minute "free preview" of any PPV movie.)

Alex

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
The problem with the selection box poping up during the last half hour is due to DirecTV's computer not tracking the correct starting time for PPV movies. I have the same problem with my Mits SR5. I just hit the up/down channel button to clear the message box. And then I can hit the action button and not see the PPV menu.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.