Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by loadedVU
I can set my channels automatically in this way but when it tries to set the clock automatically, it says "incomplete." I have to set the clock manually and I still get TVGOS when I turn on the EH50. :(

I've reset the EH50, said "yes" to cable and "no" to cable box (TWCNY), and tuned cable box to channel 13. I have my EH50 connected to my cable box through RF and S-Video and set the input to ch 3 (RF). Any ideas on why this is not disabling my TVGOS?

I've searched in the NY TWC forum but came up empty...
What do you mean when you say that you still get the TVGOS when you turn on the recorder? Do you mean you get the TVGOS screen? If so, that can be disabled in the set up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgazzara
What do you mean when you say that you still get the TVGOS when you turn on the recorder? Do you mean you get the TVGOS screen? If so, that can be disabled in the set up.
Found it. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
You're welcome!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless33
I read a lot of the TVGOS problem threads and bought the Pany EH50. At first I ran the unit with TVGOS disabled. This is a good way to check out your set quickly for general proper operation. After a few days I enabled TVGOS to see how it worked on my cable system (no set top box, straight RF in). I'd read there was a TVguide software update around November that seemed to fix some issues and was willing to give it a try. My TVGOS firmware was updated and I haven't had any issues with the TVGOS for almost a month now. I did let the set bake for 24hrs like they recommend. Now looking forward to someone coming up with a hack to put the playmate of the month up in the commercials window.
I was wondering if you could provide with how you were able to get the update for your firmware. I would like to get one for my Samsung DLP.

When you say it came over the air, is this how they update the firmware for the TVGOS??

Is this update a constant thing or have they stopped broadcasting?

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
17,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMash1977
I was wondering if you could provide with how you were able to get the update for your firmware. I would like to get one for my Samsung DLP.

When you say it came over the air, is this how they update the firmware for the TVGOS??

Is this update a constant thing or have they stopped broadcasting?

Thanks

Mike
It was over the air. They also added many of each areas newer OTA and cable channels a couple or so months back. They may not have done this, or felt they needed to in all areas.

They also changed some of the channel logos - redesigned them - a few months before that.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.