AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have read through a lot but am a little confused. I have powerstrip and have been learning how to use it. My breakout cables for my TV will be here Friday or Monday.

Now I want to play some games on the HDTV, I know that you need to modify the .ini file in most of the games that support custom res.

Question is say I use the custom res in Karnis post of 960x540p, what do I put in for the ini file, the same thing?

If anyone has a list of what would be good for me to try in my games I would like if you could take the time and post it for me. Games I have now are Mafia, UT2003, Raven Shield, Sim City 4, BF1942.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I just got my port 3 breakout cable to work on my Barco Graphics 801. So now I can play games too! Of the games you mentioned, I've played BF 1942. I started it as normal and then chose the closest resolution to mine. I'm running in 1280X720. The closest they let me choose was 1280X768. It ran fine! I didn't even have to reconverge.

Now I need to find games that are in surround to fully take advantage of it!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Unfortunately I don't have a list, but I believe every game is different (generally). But I guess the first step is probably to get your cable, and get some custom HDTV desktop resolutions working to your liking. Using your Mits, you will probably only be able to use 480p and 540p resolutions (ie. not 720p). This limits your choices as to the resolutions you can use for gaming (eg. 640x480 - but not 800x600). Then, it may be as simple as just selecting the appropriate resolution from within the game itself - ie. within the screen setup options of the game. Some games will support HDTV resolutions like 960x540p, but some simply won't. Some games will work at 640x480, but the image may look stretched on a widescreen HDTV. Other games actually support widescreen modes (so that the image is not stretched) - in these cases you may have to manually configure the game via config files or settings. But again, the exact configuration details usually depend on what game it is. There was a post (a while ago) where people were discussing what games worked with custom resolutions, and how best to accomplish it, and so you may want to search for it. That's the best I can suggest, I'm afraid. But when it works, it's a lot of fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.