AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year has been good to me for my family room. A few months back I was able to get a Hitachi 53UDX10B for $0. It was not working right for a woman at my work and I took the chance on it. Well it was $450 to fix it. It needed a new power supply and some converters. After a few months I picked up a Sony sound system for the nice price of $350 on a open box saving me about $200. It is the HT-6800DP system with 5 disk player (DVP-NC675P) and receiver (STR-K6800P) with a 6.1 speaker system. This past week I got a Direct TV H10 HD receiver for again $0.

Well now I want to get the most out of this. Since I do not have the very high-end I can not see paying anyone to come in and set this up. Most of my cables are all Monster cable. I have all digital inputs going to the receiver. All my video cables are Monster Cable.

I do notice on some stations and even DVD's that I will a little waviness to the lines mostly on the left side of the screen more at the top. It will very a little per channel but I am wondering of I have to do a manual lineup. The the good thing is that is it just not one color it is all of them so unless the line is stair and mostly as long as you do not have scrolling text you can not tell at all. I would say it is about a 1/8 to a 1/16" off it that.

With having all of this for such a great price I just want to get the most out of it. But I am just not sure how to do it. I have never had this high of an end setup for my TV setup. I am a computer geek bad so this is a little new for me.

Thanks for any tips or help

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.