AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up all,

I bought GH: WT last week and loved it...Then last night I was plauged by the same problems that everybody else is having...

Red Drum Pad not responding...Found the "popsicle stick" fix. I like it, going to do that tonight.

But after the drums stopped working, I tried the guitar for the first time on WT.

I was getting A LOT of phantom strums in the beginning of the first song...it seem to calm down by itself about half way through that song..

I am pretty sure it is the touch pad...Is there any fix to this?

I have 2 GH 3 guitars so I can use those, but I wanted to try out the touchpad option on the guitar...

Thanks very much in advance!!!!!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
i would say exchange it for another full band kit, you shouldn't be having that many problems with a new one...

the sensitivity was set too low on most of the original drum kits, which is what sounds like your drum problem too, you can get a cable for free to fix (or adjust) the sensitivity within 90 days...

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81481

but i've never heard of a single problem with the guitar, other than the stum bar squeaking a bit after a little while, and most people claim it's the best GH guitar to date...

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
You can turn off the touch slider in the options menu to see if that helps isolate the problem. Sometimes the thing is just too sensitive - maybe they can put a toggle on the guitar =-).

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input!

I literally jsut bought this set last week...So it was should have been brand new.

But I can try and exchange it for a new set if you think that might fix the problem. PIA to bring it back to BB though :)

That cable they give you to "fix" the sensitivity takes 90 days! What am I supposed to do in the mean time if the new kit breaks? Can I just get a midi-to-usb cable from ebay? Or is it a special one?

Yes, I get that "squeaking" on my strums. If the phantom strum happens on the new set I will try turning off the touchpad to see if that works.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,526 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoAce10 /forum/post/15506333

Thanks for the input!

I literally jsut bought this set last week...So it was should have been brand new.

But I can try and exchange it for a new set if you think that might fix the problem. PIA to bring it back to BB though :)

That cable they give you to "fix" the sensitivity takes 90 days! What am I supposed to do in the mean time if the new kit breaks? Can I just get a midi-to-usb cable from ebay? Or is it a special one?

Yes, I get that "squeaking" on my strums. If the phantom strum happens on the new set I will try turning off the touchpad to see if that works.

Thanks!

if it means anything, I ordered the cable on 12/26 and received it via fedex yesterday

·
Registered
2,771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoAce10 /forum/post/15506333

That cable they give you to "fix" the sensitivity takes 90 days! What am I supposed to do in the mean time if the new kit breaks?

no, you only have 90 days from the original date of purchase to request one, i believe they ship it standard shipping...

after 90 days, and you will most likely have to pay for it, or get it elsewhere...

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh gotcha.

I am going to bring the kit back tomorrow, I will order the cable tomorrow night.

Thanks!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FYI, returned original version...There was definitely something wrong with it...Cause the new version that I got seems to be working great! (knock on wood). Guitar is working perfectly and same with the drums.

I did order the cable so that I can calibrate the drums if need be.

·
Registered
10,447 Posts
Guys, was there ever any fix for the old GH3 Les Pauls with their non-responding buttons? I find mine almost unusable now...if I twist at all on the fretboard or jiggle the guitar in some way, suddenly chords don't work or the button-presses "flicker" really quickly like its not making good contact......I took the fretboard apart and the buttons seem to be registering fine, at the same time the spring-loaded contacts on the fret/guitar (where they join) seem to work fine...just wonder if there was ever a les paul home-fix that you could do.

Sorry for the tread stealing but its in the 'same vein'....thanks!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
hardwire it, that's what pretty much everyone else does when their LP starts to act weird...

·
Registered
2,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIVE ONE SIX /forum/post/15542739

hardwire it, that's what pretty much everyone else does when their LP starts to act weird...

I cleaned the contacts on the detachable neck with alcohol, but I noticed that the pads look like they have small holes from the pins of the other end. Not good.

Hard wiring them sounds like a good thing to do. When I cleaned the contacts, that was the first time I'd ever detached the neck so that's definitely a feature I don't need.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts