AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I recently got a Epson 3010. The projector is really neat for my living room set up. Unfortunately the lack of lens shift has made it a pain in the butt to mount.

I bought a wall shelf and thought I could mount it above the couch. Unfortunately, I did not fathom that ceiling/ high shelf mounts would mean that the projector needs to be up-side-down.

So right now, my projector is up-side-down on a towel on a nice looking shelf. Totally not pleasing to the eye.

How can I ratify this situation? Should I just spend big bucks for a proper ceiling mount? If so, what do you recommend? The Epson one is nearly $300!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by batutta  /t/1418399/ghetto-mod-mount-with-th...situation-without-spending-more#post_22186406

There was a post here where somebody just bought some rubber laptop feet and attached them to the top of the projector, so it could be put upside down on a shelf. Something like these--
http://www.amazon.com/Sorbothane-Hemisphere-Non-Skid-Adhesive-Durometer/dp/B003IMSIBA/ref=pd_bxgy_e_text_b

Oh nice! The only thing is, you still have to prop the projector if your alignment is not dead on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts