AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Banned
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The sequel to the disappointing 2007 film looks surprisingly good. Directed by the two guys behind Gamer and the Crank films, the Comic Con presentation for this film caused quite a lot of positive buzz much to everyone's surprise. Starring Nic Cage, Ciarin Hinds, Idris Elba, and Christopher Lambert.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Rated ****ing R! Piss that is fire! BRING IT ON!

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Star Wars got a sequel. The Godfather got one. Raiders got one. Jaws. Jurassic Park. Batman Begins.

Now we can add the likes of Hoodwinked and Ghost rider to that distinguished list. Thank you, Hollywood. Sincerely. Thanks for being there.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Dear Hollywood:

Please...just...no. Put a stake through the script after firing a few silver bullets into it. Then decapitate the thing to be safe. That is all.

Love,

me

·
Banned
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge981 /forum/post/20844089

Dear Hollywood:

Please...just...no. Put a stake through the script after firing a few silver bullets into it. Then decapitate the thing to be safe. That is all.

Love,

me

FYI the script for this film is actually by David S. Goyer.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwright84 /forum/post/20844100

FYI the script for this film is actually by David S. Goyer.

But Nic Cage is still in it. Do not want.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
I prefer to enjoy movies. I enjoyed the first. I will likely enjoy the second. And I actually like Nicholas Cage. There I said it.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
let's see.

- directors of Crank and Gamer....these movies were worse than most of the straight to dvd/bluray movies they make these days. They won't stay on one scene for more than 2 seconds, so get ready for seizure-inducing editing.

- nic cage's toupee from GR1 wasn't available? pretty drastic difference between movies, but based on the trailer, i assume 95% of the movie will be flaming skull CGI.

Yikes. Staying far far away from this one. Some of these movies that have been coming out in the last 2 years or so, you wonder how they even got made...

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakesh.S
let's see.

- directors of Crank and Gamer....these movies were worse than most of the straight to dvd/bluray movies they make these days. They won't stay on one scene for more than 2 seconds, so get ready for seizure-inducing editing.

- nic cage's toupee from GR1 wasn't available? pretty drastic difference between movies, but based on the trailer, i assume 95% of the movie will be flaming skull CGI.

Yikes. Staying far far away from this one. Some of these movies that have been coming out in the last 2 years or so, you wonder how they even got made...
Yup, my take on this as well, the first one at least had Eva Mendez.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens
Rated ****ing R! Piss that is fire! BRING IT ON!
Lemme get this straight....as long as a sequel is rated "R" it is OK?

Why didn't you say this before???

·
Registered
13,771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink /forum/post/20845364

Lemme get this straight....as long as a sequel is rated "R" it is OK?

Why didn't you say this before???

Ghost Rider is the kind of character that cries out for unfiltered action. Remember, David Goyer penned a script known to be sensational for that character, but it was thrown out by the studio when he refused to tone it down for a PG-13.

The result? Mark Steven Jackoff took over, wrote his own version for the PG-13 crowd and delivered a stink bomb so massive, we can still smell it. One of the worst films EVER made.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens /forum/post/20846064

Ghost Rider is the kind of character that cries out for unfiltered action. Remember, David Goyer penned a script known to be sensational for that character, but it was thrown out by the studio when he refused to tone it down for a PG-13.

The result? Mark Steven Jackoff took over, wrote his own version for the PG-13 crowd and delivered a stink bomb so massive, we can still smell it. One of the worst films EVER made.

I concur. Trouble is, history is riding against the next installment. Very few sequels do better than the original (although "Ghost Rider" was so bad, I can't see how it couldn't.) It doesn't matter if an army of angels is on the side of the script, you have Nic Cage back. He's one of those actors who IMHO doesn't throw himself into the character. It's always "the character as Nic Cage" if you catch my drift.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I have seen many-a-bad film in my day......however, Ghost Rider has a special place in my heart for being one of the biggest abominations in the history of cinema. Its tough to describe my hatred for it in words. If you could see me in person though, it would be quite obvious by how incredibly hard I'm hitting the keys on my keyboard as I type this.

GR2 has no chance of making it into my HT. Not even as a joke.

·
Registered
19,235 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloCreed /forum/post/20862207

I have seen many-a-bad film in my day......however, Ghost Rider has a special place in my heart for being one of the biggest abominations in the history of cinema. Its tough to describe my hatred for it in words. If you could see me in person though, it would be quite obvious by how incredibly hard I'm hitting the keys on my keyboard as I type this.

GR2 has no chance of making it into my HT. Not even as a joke.

I know what to get someone for Christmas!!!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.