AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
also notice "A Perfect World" and "Last Action Hero" :)

Ghostbusters should look sweet

Showtime needs some new programming, this past year has shown the same old thing WAAAYY too much

-Gary

·
Registered
314 Posts
Also, "The Crow". Don't know if it has been shown before in HD but this will be my first time I can capture it to DVHS.

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
Hey The Crow coming back around finally, been a little while since this was shown on Showtime and it is a great transfer, come on Showtime please show Starship Troopers again :)

-Gary

·
Premium Member
16,962 Posts
GHOSTBUSTERS has been on before. OAR.

I grabbed it with the 169 system back in the day of Dish 500 and modulator. Glad to see it returning. Fun movie.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Murrell
also notice "A Perfect World" and "Last Action Hero" :)

Ghostbusters should look sweet

Showtime needs some new programming, this past year has shown the same old thing WAAAYY too much

-Gary
"New" movies do not get shown until a year AFTER THE DVD!

·
Registered
17,553 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Hey The Crow coming back around finally, been a little while since this was shown on Showtime and it is a great transfer, come on Showtime please show Starship Troopers again :)
LOL - that was a fast turnaround. ;)

·
Registered
513 Posts
WooHoo! I just ordered Showtime 2 days ago. Dumped HBO due to crop and chop. I'm looking forward to this one.

Brent

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
I have tried recording THE CROW over 6 times in the last five years so this will be attempt #7. I just hope it is 5.1, as most other airing have been.

GHOSTBUSTERS OAR is cool. Will be recording that one.

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
that looks to me like altering done on purpose, no way Gamma would just change that, the entire light and everything about it is different

-Gary

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
It is probably the old OAR transfer with 2.0 sound, which will be fine with me.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I'll be glad to add this to my collection as well. I am also thrilled that "The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill...." with Hugh Grant is playing this month. It's a little gem of a movie and OAR unlike HBO's horrible crop job from early last year.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitchatjf
"New" movies do not get shown until a year AFTER THE DVD!
Not true, it is usually a year after Theater Release.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Matt,

I have a great recording of The Crow off of Showtime HD from quite some time ago and it is in 5.1. Hopefully for you it still will be 5.1

Tom

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Great news, Tom! Thanks. It should be 5.1. :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Well the good news is that my receiver is picking up 5.1 but the bad news is that it is not being shown at 2.35:1 :(

It's cropped.

First the Last Action Hero and now this!

Looks like [email protected] is going to have a pretty full inbox when he gets back from his holiday vacation.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.