AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I had the Samsung 3242h tv, and it was a good set, I had gotten some audio dropout though, and took it back to best buy and swapped it for the 3253H, an outstanding tv.

However, on certain games (namely BioShock and Call of Duty 4), in dark areas I see some ghosting. I didn't have this with the 42h, but the 53h's picture is a good bit better, the blacks are deeper.

The response time is only 8ms, and the ghosting is not unbearable, but is it normal? Or is it just taking some time to getting broken in or some IR getting cleared up or what?

please help!!

·
Registered
603 Posts
I have a 4053H and i get minor Ghosting

And COD4 you get ghosting on most LCds! atleast on the 4 diffrent ones i seen all had it! even the XBR4

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well thanks, that makes me feel better at least...I had 4 different tv's as well...a Sanyo 26", didnt have much ghosting but something like CoD or Bioshock I had to turn Brightness all the way up on the game and tv which was annoying, and the Sony 32M3000 which had bad ghosting, the 3242h didn't have bad ghosting, but the 3253H has some, but it's mostly on dark stuff, like I'm checking some Gears of War now and it's pefect...so that makes me feel better it's just on Bioshock, I can live with that.

Thanks for the response, hearing it ghosts on the mighty xbr4 makes me feel it's probably just lcd's in general and possibly because of the very high CR

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I can notice the same thing on my 3253H. Your sensitive to ghosting compared to the average person that will not notice. it. I notice on my pc monitor when playing 360 as well on it. Mine is rated at 5ms and it does make a pretty big difference compared to the tv. I see a lot less ghosting when using the pc monitor with the 360. The new Sammys coming out are rated at 4ms.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so in other words mine is normal then? I can live with it, 4ms would be nice but I use this tv for my room, I looked at a 50" dlp but realized it was overkill, my room is not huge, I figure a 1000 dollar tv is about as good as I need for my room...i'm in college, so I don't have a lot, and heck, I need something to look forward to when I move into my own house, maybe a 50+ inch sony...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts