AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey u guys with all of the experience. ... Where is the video ram? My kdl-32l5000 has about the same problem you are talking about. However the characteristics change a LOT during the first 20 minutes. When I start it up after being off all night, the set works absolutely flawlessly for 1 to 2 minutes. Then it slowly begins to break up. Images will freeze and then slowly walk across the screen. Then the bottom 1/3 will blacken out with the last colors for about 5 minutes. Then the set will slowly recover and become more or less viewable. There are still horizontal lines floating up and down the screen and there are minor ghost images floating as well. But if I keep the contrast down, the set is usable. Still, I'd like to fix it. I tried changing the T-con board and unless I received a bad one on Ebay, it's not that . The problems sure seem to be timing and memory addressing. I'd guess the memory is on the main board. Have any of you examined the problems at a board level? It's hard to believe that panel is bad. I remember only two chips on the cable attached to the panel. BTW, I looked at the power supply with a Tektronix scope and the ripple was so low it isn't worth mentioning. In circuit while on, 5mv on the 12 volt supply and 60mv on the 24 volt supply ... .04 % and .25% ! I was so sure I'd find a bad cap. So, why do you think it's the panel?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts