AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading around here for some time and am nearing the point of ordering my equipment, however I wondered if anyone is using the GA-MA78G-DS3H board and whether it supports DTS Connect, like the MATX GA-MA78GM-S2H?

Due to my newness, I'm afraid I can't post the Gigabyte comparison links.

I assumed that other than the extra slots the DS3H was pretty much identical to its sibling, but based on the later 1.1 version, however on the Gigabyte site I couldn't find a specific reference to it supporting DTS connect?

Is anyone using this board? How are you finding it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ornette, I want to run either 2x DVD-S2 cards or a decent dual if I can find one - so space is an issue and didn't want to lose DTS Connect.

Oh well, I suppose I can wait for one of the upcoming sound cards if need be.

TY.

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts
The upcoming GA-MA790GP-DS4H supports DDL. It is expected soon (don't know how soon
). The chipset 790GX is close to 780G with

- HD 3300 (better than HD 3200)

- 128MB DDR3 SidePort memory

- CrossFireX support

- multichannel LPCM HDMI audio (not confirmed)

- ALC889A with Dolby Home Theater (= Dolby Digital Live + Dolby Pro Logic IIx)

From GIGABYTE news :

Quote:
On the AMD side, GIGABYTE presents the GA-MA790GP-DS4H, featuring the AMD 790GX chipset with integrated ATI Radeon® HD 3300 DirectX®10 graphics engine and support for the latest AMD Phenom™ quad-core processors including a 4+1 phase power design to support 125W and above processors. In addition to support for HDMI 1.3, DVI and HDCP interfaces, GIGABYTE has equipped the GA-MA790GP-DS4H with a host of features including support for ATI's Hybrid CrossFireX™ and CrossFireX™ technology as well as dedicated 128MB DDR3 SidePort memory to enable extremely smooth video playback without affecting system memory performance. GIGABYTE also includes the ALC889A high performance audio codec and powerful Dolby Home Theater® suite of audio technologies, making the GA-MA790GP-DS4H the ultimate home theater system.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, very much appreciated - I see there's the GA-MA78GPM-DS2H as well.

I thought i'd made my mind up, and was ready to order. I think i'll do some more research over the weekend and look further into ATX solutions with discreet gfx cards.

I was all set to go for the simple options but need space for the DVB-S2 cards - I won't be playing games on it at all so thinking the HD3450/70 will still suit my needs.

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimcity /forum/post/14316203

I won't be playing games on it at all so thinking the HD3450/70 will still suit my needs.

Then the onboard video HD 3200/3300 is enough. Basically HD 3450 = HD 3200, the only difference is local frame buffer vs. UMA frame buffer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice to have that confirmed actually - the ONLY reason I'm going for a discreet card initially is to go to a Sony Wega CRT whilst it's all being configured - I was intending to buy / set-up the HTPC (also with a 22" Samsung 2232BW monitor) and purchasing a replacement 1080p HDTV next month (whilst we're having a new kitchen fitted to boot
)

This should also give me time to set-up and configure the satellite tuners for PVR purposes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts